Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Just in case,scope sale

Old 01-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just in case,scope sale

ORIGINAL: Breechplug

By the way, Im a true Bowhunter at heart, how do you like the Switchback? I have been a Hoyt shooter for years, Im a I.B.O. Life Member and have qualified for the I.B.O. world championships 6 times shooting a Hoyt. But I may have to move on......Mathews seems to be the Bow to shoot nowadays......Ron

I really like it, when i bought it me and a friend bought new bows at the same time we first went to the hoyt dealer he bought the trykon xl, then
i went to a mathews dealer and bought mine i felt at the time (for me anyway) the switchback felt better and smoother but i would still have took the hoyt and been happy.I haven't tryed the new ones out yet.
I really like the looks of that new hoyt the black and camo one.I would not
trade mine for it, but i would like to buy one and have both,if it felt as good as it looked
Old 01-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just in case,scope sale

Yes, I got the Leupold USML Scope at Christmas time, Cabela's had it for $239 with free shipping and it included a Free Leupold Scope Cover ($20 Value) and a Free Cabela's (lens pen) $10 value. So for all that I could'nt turn it down, the Nikon Omega was $10 more and it did'nt include anything for free and you also had to pay for shipping. And again it's just My Opinion, The Leupold was much more of a deal and a better scope for the money. I have only used the Leupold briefly, I have been waiting to put it on my Second ACCURA, but I have had unforseen problems trying to get my second ACCURA, (one taht is problem free)(I may or may not mention that one in a later forum, Im waiting for the outcome) But from what I can tell the Scope is very well built and does what it says, I'll post a forum on it when my testing is done, I thought I'd get to mount it on my second ACCURA and do a better test, but like I said my second ACCURA arrived, the NEW replacement for my second one I bought (I have 2 and the first one is fine) and I have to send this one back for another replacement, then finally I can get everything togeather and I'll post my results. I hope that it's just my bad luck and a little help from Murphy, Im used to it. Ron