Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Traditions WonderLube 1000?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Traditions WonderLube 1000?

Who uses this stuff? Currently I am using Remington Express Lube Patches in my barrel as the very last step in my cleaning process. They're WonderLube Patches with a Remington label on it. I just wanted to see if anyone has experienced any accuracy issues like cayugad described about Bore Butter. So far I haven't had any issues...
Old 01-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Traditions WonderLube 1000?

SWThomas

I think I am/was using the same thing. I had switched to T17 patches when they came out to replace the use of BB in the bore. The patches apply the lube far more evenly than the trying to get BB in the bore evenly. Plus when you dry patch it is much easier to get the excess material out.

For all intents BB and Wonderlube are about the same thing.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Bore Butter = Wonderlube 1000 I think they put a different smell to it. One was even wintergreen.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Yep I used to use them until I got a can that was oversaturated. I drained it and the patches were not what I was used to getting from them as I have used plenty of them before. The ones I had would actually put globs in the barrel and seemed to be skipping in the barrel when applied in short strokes. I would clean a barrel and use this and look down the bore to expect a shine and it looked like I had a dirty bore. It had bits of the lube here and there where ever you looked.I got rid of these and use hot water and dish soap to clean, then dry patch it to death, then take a dry patch and shoot some silicon on it and man it works much better and protects better. If you do the hot water get it hotter than the blazes of hell and dry it out quick then apply your protector to a hot barrel so when it cools it draws the protector right in tight to the pores of the gun.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks fellas. I'll quit using it and scrub it all out of my barrel.