Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Has anyone hear of 209 primers having too much flame?

Old 01-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Banned

Default RE: Has anyone hear of 209 primers having too much flame?

very bottom left is with rem kleanbore primers and 348gr powerbelt, next up is the same primer but with 295gr aerotip and the 3 shots touching are with winchester triple 7 primers. All at 100 yards

CCI 209m,

Old 01-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

So MountainDevil54 I take it your a CVA Shooter??? would you say the TripleSeven primers are better???
Old 01-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you get your pictures to download??? everytime I try to download one it say's the file is too large? I'd like to post some pics and add a pic next to my forum name like everyone else does....Thank's Ron (breechplug) Also I sent you a e-mail about what sabots TC uses with there XTP Mags, 240gr.....are they the MMP 12 Black????
Old 01-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

And if I did'nt thank you, Thank You! for turning me onto Mark at CVA. I hope to hear something from him tomorrow on my ACCURA's barrel lug problem. Ron
Old 01-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Banned

go to www.photobucket.com sign up and then you'll be able to upload your pics and paste as many as you want here.

Triple 7 primers worked fine for me but i dont like the price. You just have to get an assortment, get an accurate load and then change one thing out and see what happens.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Breechplug, download this little program http://www.download.com/Picture-Resizer/3000-2192_4-10831368.html?tag=mncol Scan the file for malware/viruses (it should be clean).

Right click onPhotoResize400.exe and rename it to PhotoResize500.exe.

Put the file someplace where you intend to keep it permanently (ie My Documents, My Pictures, or some separate folder).

Now left click onPhotoResize500.exe and give it permission to run - a box will come up. Click where it says 'Add to Context Menu' or words to that effect. Only click that once. Then exit the box.

Go to a picture you want to upload, right click on it and then click where it says 'resize picture'. Whatever folder that picture is in will now have a new picture of the same name, except -500 will be added. That picture should be suitable to upload.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank's I'll give it a try......sometime a picture says a 1000 words......
Old 01-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Edited my posting above to give you a safer download location. I believe Download.com also provides a bit newer release of the program. Works just the same.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

I did a test of cci209m,cci209, and federal 209a when i first started shooting BH209 in the Knight LRH and the accuracy was not affected at all.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:14 AM

the 777 seven primers are supose to be not as hot they use to have 410 shot gun primers years ago that wearnt as hot but they did away with them years ago because of new powders and that is what tripple seven primers are . the theory is that the hot primers move the powder up the barrel at ignition forming a ring of crud in the barrel making the next load hard to seat and accuracy falls apart and i believe it to be true i had a optima pro that shot great aslong as you brushed and swabed between shots tried the new primers didnt help went back to my knight .i shoot pyrodex and #11 caps i can shoot 5or6 times without any accuracy problems at all .i have a older knigh and i wanted to shoot 150grs so i bought the new cva easyier to clean .but i got rid of it i would sooner take alittle longer to clean than have to run a patch after every shot.

Quick Reply: Has anyone hear of 209 primers having too much flame?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.