Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Moving away from Powerbelt bullets; Need recommendations

Old 01-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moving away from Powerbelt bullets; Need recommendations

ORIGINAL: sproulman

i like pictures of bullets and how they shoot out of different guns..
maybe we could start a topic at top of forum that would stay there for all to see when they want..

i think you guys that do a lot of testing etc need a place for these photos and info .

cayugad,chap, sabot others always have pictures and info.

would be nice to have that info quick at TOP so it can be obtained.

maybe someone can do this, i dont know yet how to put a picture onhere or i would start it.
Over on Doug's Savage Forum the top link to a "Tips and Hints" page that takes you to a page of "saved threads" about bullets, sabot, bullet performance, scope, powders, loads, etc. See here:

http://dougva.proboards34.com/index.cgi?board=Savage&action=display&thre ad=1249

Chap
Old 01-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

That would be interesting, this is one of the forums that does not have any thing where information can be locked in. Perhaps one of the moderators can step in and tell us if this is possible with the set up here. Lee
Old 01-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

That would be interesting, this is one of the forums that does not have any thing where information can be locked in. Perhaps one of the moderators can step in and tell us if this is possible with the set up here. Lee
It woudl be a great benefit. I don't know the moderator, best if Dean Cayugad does that, sinceI am sure he knows he moderator.
Chap

Old 01-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gleason.chapman

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

It woudl be a great benefit. I don't know the moderator, best if Dean Cayugad does that, sinceI am sure he knows he moderator.
Chap
it would also cut down on a lot of same topics coming up and real easy to get info.

we do it over on our hondashadow.net site.

we have like OILS,TIRES,SPARK PLUGS,ETC.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't know the moderator either.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

I am a huge fan of barnes bullets..... Awesome penetration, weight retention, and expansion....Here's a pic of a spitfire 245 gr. which had passed through a yote i shot from my treestand and i was able to see through a fresh snowfall where it hit and recovered my bullet. It preformed flawlessly and retained 100% of its weight even after hitting the ground!

Old 01-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do wish that we would hear from the moderator on the original subject. I would also be nice if we could have a survey of what people had faith in where bullets are concerned. Rated as in the group that causes the needed results and in a middle group that a few people have problems with and then the group that a lot of people have had problems with. Could also rate them as the most accurate and the best long range. Personally I would rate the all copper the partition and the gold dot in the group with the best terminal results, the SW as the most accurate especially at long range and the PB's as causing the most lost deer[ its not that they wont kill a deer at the proper range for 75 gr and so forth its that people expect to be able to shoot them with any load that's accurate and they will shoot accurate with enough powder to make the detonate. Lee
Old 01-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Here are some additional pics of recovered bullets. The Barnes Tipped MZ is on the left (250gr.) I shot a doe @ 100 yds. with it, quartering away shot, retrieved just under the skin on the opposite side of which i had shot her, blew through the shoulder on the entrance side, she had droppedin her tracks. The bullet kept 100% of its weight and weighed in @ 251gr. due to the meat still stuck to the bullet, the polly tip was found in the pool of blood below her.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Additional pics.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Doe which I had taken with the MZ.

Quick Reply: Moving away from Powerbelt bullets; Need recommendations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.