Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Genesis & Hornady FPB's

Old 01-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Genesis & Hornady FPB's

I am glad to see the Genesis perform. I also bought one from Cabelas, but have yet to fire her.

From your groupings, it seems that a Remington Gensis should be as Capable of putting a deer in the freezer as more expensive inlines.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Sniggles.. I have little doubt that the Remington Genesis is a hunting rifle. I just ordered more high rings (make sure if you scope it you get high rings.. the medium WILL NOT WORK as I found out.) and another scope for it. Its only a 2-7 but should work just fine in the Genesis.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I use 777 or pyrodex, I swab between each shot just like any other bullet (spit patch both sides followed by dry patch both sides). The only time I use the FPB's without swabbing is with BH 209. I have shot as many as 30 shots without swabbing with the BH, and they don't seem to get harder to load and accuracy is good thorughout.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

That reminds me, I sent an email to Traditions about that ring on the Genesis. I told them that they should bevel it to make loading easier. I never heard anything back.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

SWThomas
There are states some of us live in or travel to where you have to use a bore size bullet so some interest is due to that. There is also the interest due to the fact that it is new or the results some of us had so far. They are the easiest conical to get minute of angle with for me and with QLA they are very fast loading, I have only taken 2 hogs with them so far but I class the results as excellent. The groups I have shot so far average between 1.25 and 1.5 and that includes my experiments and screw ups and I thought that s good for me. Lee
Old 01-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

What's with the craze over these FPB's? Is it just because they're new?

No, they are good bullets. Shot two bigsows with them and they both bang flopped despite the fact that one of them was not hit right.Heck, this may be even be the magic bullet that turns a gut shot into a bang flop with great regularity.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:31 PM

After hearing so many people talk about losing deer with 250 grain bullets and others complaining about plastic buildup from sabots, I wanted to use a heavier bullet and I prefer a non-saboted bullet. I haven't been impressed with the accuracy or penetration of the Powerbelts so I figured I'd give the Hornady 350's a try. Getting them for five bucks a pack (15 bullets per pack) didn't hurt either. So far with what little testing I've done is they shoot great from my CVA Wolf and T/C Triumph. Hopefully next muzzleloader season will tell the tale for me on game.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Cayugad,

What medium size mounts did you try? I have see through mounts, and did not like how high they are and have ordered medium CVA Z2 mount/rings.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't use see through mounts first off. But the other day I took a set of Weaver medium rings and mounted a Simmons Pro Diamond 4x on the Genesis. It fit perfect, until I discovered I could not open the cam to put a primer in the back end of it.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

I bought some FPB's the other day from Cabelas and am going to try them on some warm day in the Genesis, but they seem to be hard to start...glad for the tip on that...but I wonder without swabbing between shots how easy they would go down after a second shot when out in the field?

Quick Reply: Genesis & Hornady FPB's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.