Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Encore Pro Hunter

Old 01-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default Encore Pro Hunter

Since I have been reading this forum it seems alot of other ML are the topics. Is my prohunter outdated? I always like to keep up with tech advances. I am by no means a well qualifed shooter, only hunter and shoot only half a dozen times a year at the range. I started with the TC Renagade..then TC BLK Diamond...now the ProHunter. Thanks too all who posts in this section I sure enjoy reading everyone of them..Chuck
Old 01-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Encore Pro Hunter

The PH is certainly not outdated but the guys on this site shoot, hunt and talk about every imaginable gun out there! Not to worry.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

The PH is certainly not outdated
Agree, it's all the gun you will ever need.
but the guys on this site shoot, hunt and talk about every imaginable gun out there!
Yep! That's true.

Not to worry.
Not quite true. If you hang around this forum too long you WILL be acquiring other guns, even though you already have all the gun you will ever need. It's contagious.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Semisane

The PH is certainly not outdated
Agree, it's all the gun you will ever need.
but the guys on this site shoot, hunt and talk about every imaginable gun out there!
Yep! That's true.

Not to worry.
Not quite true. If you hang around this forum too long you WILL be acquiring other guns, even though you already have all the gun you will ever need. It's contagious.

Semi is right, I am wrong. You keep coming here you will have alot to worry about. You will be buying sabots, bullets, different powders & primers and of course more guns. I can attest to that.

When I first came here I had one. Soon the big brown truck will be here with #3. And I am scarred! Need a doctor! And I'm just a piker compared to some of these guys.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:30 PM

The Pro Hunter outdated?... are you kidding?

I am shooting an Encore and I dont think its outdated. Its probably 5 years old and it shoots better then any other inline I have owned or borrowed. I dont see my gun being outdated for a very long time. That being said I have tweaked and modified my Encore over those years to get it to where it is today and that includes Trigger job, .25acp breach conversion, oversized hinge pin, bergara barrel, etc etc etc. Pretty much everything that can be done to improve it I have tried.

Your Pro Hunter is a great gun and to be honest probably one of the best in that price range. I have shot a friends and I like it almost as much as my own Encore. The only thing I would do to it is swap out that nasty 209 breach plug for the .25acp!

Old 01-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was non Ml'ing white boy until i got on this site. I now have 2 inlines including the Pro Hunter, and 1 flintlock. I have about 8 diffeent types of bullets, 3 powder and sub types. Lubes, oils,moose milks, and goo gaws that just sit but i had fun trying out. I am now a poor ML'ing white boy on this site. Semisane has it right. If you have not done anything to your Pro, you still have tons that can be done. www.bellmtcs.com& www.strattoncustom.com are 2 sites to look at in fine tuning or providing additional technology for your gun. Oh and watch for homework assignments on this site. As the seasons start ending various peolle will assign them to us.