Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

WITHDRAWLS ALLREADY ??????

Old 12-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default WITHDRAWLS ALLREADY ??????

Its only been a couple weeks since I shot any smokepoles, hunting season ended in wi. without firing a shot and I just have this uncontrollable urge to go out and shoot something. Even if it is only paper.I don't care as long I get to pull the trigger, hear the explosion, smell the smoke, and see where the bullet went. Is this perfectly normal or should I be concerned ??
Old 12-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WITHDRAWLS ALLREADY ??????

If you felt any other way, I'd question your manhood...
Old 12-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I feel your pain.[8D] I shot my doe the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so I am done. Today is the last day of our ML season, and I am planning on going out to put my cameras, and do some asfter season scouting. This was my first year hunting with a ML, so I have never hunted into December, so I want to go out and see what the deer have been doing, and where they are hanging out. As far as shooting the ML, I wont geet a chance to even make it to the range until spring now. I am working 12 our days, and saturdays too. So I have to use my Sundays for family stuff.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Dominant Buck

If it was not for the blizzard we were having.. I'd be shooting today.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still have a couple weeks to try and get something with mine.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

Dave I wish it was a blizzard we got rain all day now it is blowing 40 miles an hour. Supposed to be 30 below wind chill tomorow. I never got out muzzy hunting or during the T zone looks likes we are done for this year. I think I will let the DNR keep there season next year. I didn't even put in for a turkey tag.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

I feel your pain. I have been discharging mine at the end of the hunting day just to hear her roar. Cleaning is a small price to pay.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Johnmorris

Dave I wish it was a blizzard we got rain all day now it is blowing 40 miles an hour. Supposed to be 30 below wind chill tomorow. I never got out muzzy hunting or during the T zone looks likes we are done for this year. I think I will let the DNR keep there season next year. I didn't even put in for a turkey tag.
You must not be too far from us, same weather we are having.

As far as the turkey tag I completley forgot, had to be in by the 10thI believe?
Old 12-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

should you be concerned ...no not at all ..we have about 2 ft. of snow on the ground ..we lost 62% of our deer population last winter ..if we get snow like last year most of the deer will die of starvation ..
Old 12-15-2008, 09:55 AM
mountaineer magic

ORIGINAL: cayugad

If it was not for the blizzard we were having.. I'd be shooting today.
Me too. It seems the older I get the colder I get. It is 22 below zero without the wind right now. I thought about going out but decided after taking care of the animals
( goats,dogs,chickens,etc,etc,) that I would go back inside. I know it is a perfect day for hunting but I think i will wait for it to get at least up above zero.

Quick Reply: WITHDRAWLS ALLREADY ??????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.