Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

smell from my child hood

Old 12-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default smell from my child hood

I popped an 777 primer friday in my disc extreme, a quick up draft brought back an smell from my child hood. Toy roll caps, I know the smell very well, smashing an hole box of them with an hammer, setting them on fire with lighters. those where the days.

lots of fun memories.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: smell from my child hood

ORIGINAL: corey012778

I popped an 777 primer friday in my disc extreme, a quick up draft brought back an smell from my child hood. Toy roll caps, I know the smell very well, smashing an hole box of them with an hammer, setting them on fire with lighters. those where the days.

lots of fun memories.
I can remember doing that and loosing my hearing for a few minutes afterward.....
Old 12-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I think all of us kids had them rolls of red caps. We had cap pistols, and yes.. we had hammers. But the thing I remember as a smell when I was a kid, when I think of guns, is WD-40 or Hoppies #9 . Its all day used. He'd clean the guns and then use WD-40 to protect them.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can remember doing that and loosing my hearing for a few minutes afterward.....
Know that sensation very well from my childhood...it was awesome.

Do you remember those metal "dart" like things? You would put the cap in it, throw it in the air and when it came down...bang.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Dominant Buck

There were lots of things we had, and used to do when we were kids (that we got into trouble for).. I think that's why mother was gray at such a young age...
Old 12-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah man, back in the day when fireworks were FIREWORKS. Cherry Bombs, Silver Kings, Black Cat firecrackersthat were about three times as powerful as what you can get today, Roman Candles that shot 200 ft. in the air, and sparklers that actually sparkled.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:46 PM

It's Hoppes #9 for me. My dad was a gunsmith of sorts. Hoppes brings back memories as far back as I can remember.
Zen
Old 12-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

There were lots of things we had, and used to do when we were kids (that we got into trouble for).. I think that's why mother was gray at such a young age...
I remembered one year buying some string bombs. throw an handful in my mom's grill, about 5 mins later, I heard first middle and last name. and my dad laughing like hell.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Dominant Buck

My poor mother would get so madshe'd stand on the steps and was so angry she could not remember thename of who she wanted (usually me) So she'd rattle off thenames ofall the kids, like we were on speed dial.. We'd all stop and look at her, and then she'd point at the one that was going to catch it.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

gotta love the roll call.

Quick Reply: smell from my child hood

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.