Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

smell from my child hood

Old 12-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: smell from my child hood

Those left-over cap pistol trigger/hammer units are now used in the Remington Genesis.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

The smell of wood,Many different kinds of it.
My Father was a wood worker at what I would call a master level.
The shop was full of it.That's where I usually got my whuppin.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

Another good smell is that of the silicon gun cloth. I smell that and it's hunting time no matter what time of year.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

Oh yea! The red plastic caps and then also the roll of snap charges that was about 1/2 inch wide and fed through the gun and alway would get stuck. Thanks for flushing those memories...
Old 12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not really a smell but never....and I mean never laugh at your mom and tell her it didn't hurt after she smacked your rear end with a section of Hot Wheels track. You know the orange section of race track that was about 3ft long. After she tapes about 4 sections of track together it's no longer a laughing matter.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned

(
ORIGINAL: sjsfire

Not really a smell but never....and I mean never laugh at your mom and tell her it didn't hurt after she smacked your rear end with a section of Hot Wheels track. You know the orange section of race track that was about 3ft long. After she tapes about 4 sections of track together it's no longer a laughing matter.
LMAO. i used to have wooden spoons broken over my (_!_) and would just laugh at it.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Dominant Buck

My mother had a piece of sturdy wood molding (Dad being a finishing carpenter)that she used, to lift the cloths out of the old ringer style washing machines (then you had to feed the cloths through the rollers without getting your fingers in there to ring the water out of them. Remember them dangerous things). Well she was doing the laundry when this happened.. And keep in mind, the child abuse laws then were not what they are today. Kids did wrong, kids got spanked.

I of course being myself (I think I was five or six), was doing something that really made her mad. It had something to do with jumping in the puddle that formed when you drained the ringer washer to put new water in them. There were not drains or sewers, it went on the ground. I was jumping up and down and splashing in it. She yelled a few times at me to stop it, but like usual, I ignored her. Let me tell you,she took that chunk of molding without warning, broke it over my rear end. And I mean .. WACK!!! Took me out just like a Samurai warrior. I was so shocked it did not hurt I done a really dumb thing then. I started wiggling my butt at her and singing.. That didn't hurrrt, that didn't hurrrt!! Then she came after me with that little piece of molding.. That woman was mad. I mean out of control mad. I thought she was rabid. I mean that woman was foaming at the mouth mad. Good thing I could run like the devil. I hid out until the old man got home. And she never told on me. That was the real strange thing...

The next day I went in the shop and got her a new stick... and told her I was sorry. And of course she forgave me.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great story Cayugad. And yet you managed to grow up and become a productive human without the government, a lawyer, or a social worker instructing your parents on how to properly disciplineyou???? Will wonders never cease?

My mom had one of those washing machines with the rollers also. One day I thought I could make some juice by running blackberries through those rollers. Didn't work. Purple rollers. Mom was somePI$$ED.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Now Blackberries.. that would have been the final straw I think..

It is amazing that all of us poor kids are alive. Wewere spanked, occasionally grounded, made to do chores or you didn't eat, and had no electronic toys, TV's, record players, computers, etc.. had to buy our own cars, pay for our own gas and insurance.. amazing we made it. Maybe I am traumatized and just don't know it.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe I am traumatized and just don't know it.
Could be. I've heard that certain forms of parental abuse maycause a childto become an impulse buyer of muzzle loaders in later life.

Quick Reply: smell from my child hood

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.