Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Another Omega Deer

Old 12-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Spike

Default Another Omega Deer

Hi all: Here is my story. I took this 8 point buck on Tuesday afternoon at 4.30 in a field bordered on one side by a swamp. It was cold - windy & snowing in my part of Ontario Canada. There was 3 does feeding on my bait pile 100 yards away from tent blind. They were really spooking which I thought was because of tent snapping in the wind. All of a sudden they up & ran into the swamp. While I was sitting there wondering why I passed up some great eating this boy walked out about 40 yards to the upwind side of me. He didn't even glance my way but just stared into the swamp. He stiff walked out to the bait pile staring all the while into swamp. While I started to get a little pissed of at him for not even glanceing my way ( must have seen me shoot before -have forgave him now ). To get his mind off the girls I put a load of 110 grs. T73f - 250 gr. shockwave with yellow 3 petal easy glide sabot capped off by 209 Rem. Kleenbore primer through both shoulders. Females are never going to bother him again. His last act was to kiss the ground that I walk on. To top it off one of his girlfriends came back to the swamp edge to wave at me. Had to take pictures inside as my camera battery wouldn't work in the cold.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Another Omega Deer

Congrats on the nice deer.

Did that 250 grain Shockwave have the new soft tip or the older hard tip?

Old 12-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Spike

As I have had them for 3 years I would guess the hard tip. Dont have any newer shockwaves-sst's to compare.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking deer. Do you know what it weighed?
Old 12-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Dominant Buck

What a beautiful deer... And an excellent story as well. Was the exit hole bigger then the entrance hole? Since you hit shoulders, we can finally see if these shockwaves do expand or not when they hit bone. Some say the things just zip right through.

Congratulations on the deer. I would have never let anything that nice walk by me without paying respects either...
Old 12-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Thats a nice buck
Old 12-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

What a beautiful deer... And an excellent story as well. Was the exit hole bigger then the entrance hole? Since you hit shoulders, we can finally see if these shockwaves do expand or not when they hit bone. Some say the things just zip right through.

Congratulations on the deer. I would have never let anything that nice walk by me without paying respects either...
I have proof to answer that question. I'll try to remember to take pics and post.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

He put his guard down thinking about the girls and wap! It is amazing the affect the girls can have on a guy...

Very nice buck! Congrats!
Old 12-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck! Congrats on the fine harvets
Old 12-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck and cool story! I'd also like to hear about how the bullet performed.

Quick Reply: Another Omega Deer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.