Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

ok those that shoot loose powder

Old 12-03-2008, 02:39 PM

Default ok those that shoot loose powder

I need something to hold my premeasured charges in...I bought two of the clear view thompson speed loaders...but the powder measure does not close it just slides across and powder goes out the little funnel. What do you guys use to have the next shot ready to load???
Old 12-03-2008, 02:46 PM
FG

Default RE: ok those that shoot loose powder

Lanenebraska's Power tubes. Very inexpensive.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ssauvain

I need something to hold my premeasured charges in...I bought two of the clear view thompson speed loaders...but the powder measure does not close it just slides across and powder goes out the little funnel. What do you guys use to have the next shot ready to load???
I bought 50 of these from www.rmcsports.com. I store loads fora given gun in a plasticziplock bagand labelit on the inside and outside.

Chap

Old 12-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

I use some sold by traditions simular to these. You must measure the powder then pour it in because the measurement marks on the tube are off.

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=A1316
Old 12-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lane's powder tubes are great. Check his ad in the classified section of this forum (link below).

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3035180
Old 12-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

ssauvain

Lanes tubes a very handy and work fine.... but I am still stuck on the TC 4-1 speed loader.... Powder - sabot - bullet all in one container even with a sort starter built in if you need it...

https://secure.tcarms.com/store/index.php/action/item/id/197/prevaction/category/previd/33/prevstart/0/
Old 12-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I usually carry a couple CVA speed loaders with me. I have them for my 45, 50 and 54 cal MLs. I figure if I need more than 3 shots in a day with nothing to show for it, I better go home.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ah invented tubes.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I went to the Supermarket photp dept and got a whole bag of heavy duty 35 mm film canisters for free.....I must just be cheap...
Old 12-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

They will do the job Carpmaster. Used them myself for quite a while. But if you ever tried the thin screw top tubes from LaneNebraska you will throw the film canisters away. Not only do the tops go on and come off more easily, they are much better for quick and easypouring ofthe powder in the barrel.

Quick Reply: ok those that shoot loose powder

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.