Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A few pics of yesterdays hunt

Old 12-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: A few pics of yesterdays hunt

Oh MAN!!! My jewels shrunk up just looking at that picture. You don't need a kromer (never heard of that before), what you need is a box stand and propane heater.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

To keep the rain and the snow off you and therefore stay dry the best $20 you will EVER spend is to buy one of these:

http://www.eders.com/products/eastman-outfitters-staydry-umbrella-tmbr-ill.html

http://www.eastmanoutfitters.com/index.php?tray=product&tid=top636&cid=45

Well made and easy to set up.

Chap

Old 12-02-2008, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lets try some more. These are a couple views from the stand I was in.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

One more from my stand. I dont know if you can seee it or not, but in the upper left part of this pic there is a small hill with an opening, this is where my doe was standing when I shot her, it is about 50 yards form the stand. Oops, my bad wrong pic, this is facing the other direction iin my stand.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

LOOKS NICE What was the temp? We had the most snow for regular season(ends the 8th) that we have had in several years. Coldest day was 14deg

Charlie
Old 12-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the first ML deer. Cool pics, but where is the one of the deer?
Old 12-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tell ya what, those days when everything is covered in a fresh layer of snow is fun to hunt-but I always feel like I'm deaf. It's weird looking at deer or turkeys and not hearing them make any noise walking...
Old 12-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am ashamed to say, that I never did get a pic of the deer. She went right in the back of the truck, and to the meat locker. It was pitch black out when I was gutting her, so no real good chance for pics. It wasnt really all that cold out, I would say mid 20's or so. The only bad part, was that I forgot to bring the little hand warmers with. I usually put one big one in each front pocket of my pants, and then some in my coat pockets for my hands. My hands were so cold, that it was really hard to reload, and get that little primer with numb fingers.[&:]
Old 12-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

I am ashamed to say, that I never did get a pic of the deer. She went right in the back of the truck, and to the meat locker. It was pitch black out when I was gutting her, so no real good chance for pics. It wasnt really all that cold out, I would say mid 20's or so. The only bad part, was that I forgot to bring the little hand warmers with. I usually put one big one in each front pocket of my pants, and then some in my coat pockets for my hands. My hands were so cold, that it was really hard to reload, and get that little primer with numb fingers.[&:]
I remember being on a deer stand when I was a teenager and my hands were so cold they wouldn't really move. I then realized, if a deer came by, I'm pretty sure I can't get the hammer back (Marlin 336) anywayso why am I out here? So I packed it up and went home. That's not fun.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jack London wrote a nice story about problems with cold hands.

Quick Reply: A few pics of yesterdays hunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.