Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington Genesis a good starter gun?

Old 11-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington Genesis a good starter gun?

I heard a rumor that Remington was discontinuing the Genesis. But I just bought one that had to be ordered and the company I bought it from said their supplier could still get them. I'm not sure whats going on. The Gander Mountain here has 3 of the exact ML listed in that link and they are selling for $300. But just remember, that price is after the mail in rebate. Add $35 to that price and that's what you're going to pay if you order it.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one and like it. I got mine on sale for $100 after a MFR rebate. The gun was listed for $270 or so.

If I did not get such a deal, I would probably get a blue/black T/C Omega or Triumph. I am happy with the Genesis' performancethough.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

I just ordered two of the blue-camo ones for the boys for Christmas. 144.00 minus 35.00 rebate and a 20.00 coupon if your order was over 150.00. Couldn't get one and not the other, you know how boys are !!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Dominant Buck

You're going to have a couple very happy young men on your hands Christmas Day... What a great gift. I told a friend of mine about them since he has two boys that love to wander the woods, but he wants them traditional (which I can respect).

You know that you are going to have to go and shoot a lot now with them boys so they can learn their rifles.. sounds like a wonderful time to me..

nice going there dphobby!!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Really looking forward to it !!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I finally got mine in the mail today!!! Now it's time to play.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Dominant Buck

OH happy days.. Be sure to clean the rifle good before you start. Watch that five minute worthless CD they send with it. And also read the manual. I think you are going to love that rifle. And I will be waiting for your range report.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

OH happy days.. Be sure to clean the rifle good before you start. Watch that five minute worthless CD they send with it. And also read the manual. I think you are going to love that rifle. And I will be waiting for your range report.
Done, done, and done. I learned a lot by reading the manual. I gave it a thorough cleaning and punched the bore several times with some Remington 40X Bore Cleaner. Followed by clean patches until they were clean and then a patch soaked with RemOil. I'm just waiting on all my bullets, sabots, and powder to arrive in the mail and then it will be off to the range for some testing.