Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Encore Pro Hunter question??

Old 11-13-2008, 08:03 AM

Default TC Encore Pro Hunter question??

After I put in the primer, if I dont "slam" the thing closed sometimes I cant get the hammer to pull back. Anyone ever had a problem with this? It has the quick out breech plug, and appears to be going in correctly...I dont know what might be going on. If I slam it closed, it's fine. Happened to me last year on a nice buck, couldnt get the hammer back. Any suggestions?
Old 11-13-2008, 08:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: TC Encore Pro Hunter question??

After you lock up the breech, check to make sure your hammer works.

I don't have a Encore and make no claims to understand your problem, but there must be some sort of lock up issue going on. Give Thompson Center a call and see what they say.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: double_lung

After I put in the primer, if I dont "slam" the thing closed sometimes I cant get the hammer to pull back. Anyone ever had a problem with this? It has the quick out breech plug, and appears to be going in correctly...I dont know what might be going on. If I slam it closed, it's fine. Happened to me last year on a nice buck, couldnt get the hammer back. Any suggestions?
Primers are different length, go to a shorter primer. Chap
Old 11-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

As long as the plug is "in" all the way, it is as Chap says.Find a primer that does not cause the issue. In the meantime, slam shut and verify the hammer is free.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: UncleNorby

As long as the plug is "in" all the way, it is as Chap says.Find a primer that does not cause the issue. In the meantime, slam shut and verify the hammer is free.
10-4 I wasnt aware there were different length primers. I'll check on that. Yeah, in the meantime I just make sure the hammer will come back after putting the primer in. Man, last year I pulled up on a pretty massive buck. 8-10point I suppose. Learned pretty quick the hard way on that one. Other than that, that gun shoots like a rifle. Dropped a doe last year at 150, down for the count! First deer with it. Am pretty pleased. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

My endeavor has done the same thing when i don't close the action firmly. As long as I make sure to close it with some stiff pressure I have no problems. Remember I am not talking about having to slam the action shut just firm pressure..
Old 11-13-2008, 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: SHulion

My endeavor has done the same think when i don't close the action firmly. As long as I make sure to close it with some stiff pressure I have no problems. Remember I am not talking about having to slam the action shut just firm.
Right, just a firm snatch. Maybe slam was the wrong word, but you know what Im talking about now. A firm snatch will do it. Dont know why, but thats all it takes.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

I have the same issue with my Pro Hunter. Open, Close firmly, and it's fine. Annoying though.