Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remember When?

Old 11-12-2008, 07:30 AM

Default RE: Remember When?

ORIGINAL: Steve863

I guess it depends how much you shoot, but I honestly think it still isn't very expensive when you compare it to bows or centerfire rifles or shotguns for the average hunter starting out. Heck, you can get a CVA for less than $200 and even closer to $100 on sale. They will get the job done if the hunter does his. Try getting a bow for that price. Sabots and some powder probably doesn't cost any more or less than centerfire ammo. One can be ready to go out hunting for less than $300 if they were on a budget. Not bad compared to how expensive everything else is these days. Try getting into any other sport or activity for less!
I agree 100%. When you compare to the cost of a decent centerfire rifle or bow plus needed extras, getting into MZ is still relatively cheap. I can't remember what I paid for powder when I started but I do remember that caps where 99 cents and box of Buffalo bullets wasless than$10, if my memory is correct.