Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Torn Between Two Rifles

Old 10-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Torn Between Two Rifles

After reading about both the TC Triumph and CVA Accura It was a difficult chose to make. Well Cabelas broke the ice for me and ran the Accura on sale for $309.99 with free shipping. I placed my order today and anticipate the day of its arrival.

WV Mountaineer
Old 10-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Torn Between Two Rifles

Good luck. Ain't nothing wrong with the Accura. Let us know how it shoots.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Dominant Buck

I see no reason why you should not be real happy with that selection. Be sure to post range reports for us. That is a good looking rifle.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

A new gun is fun. Let's see, I know you have a Knight LK 93. Now an Accura is on the way. Any others? I'm afraid you're infected.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Semisane your right I have a 45 caliber Knight DISC Elite as well. I convinced the better half that the CVA was a combo birthday christmas present. You just cannot go wrong with a good understanding woman like that. She keeps treating me like this and ill keep her around another 36 years.

[8D]WV Mountaineer
Old 10-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

WV Mountaineer

After reading about both the TC Triumph and CVA Accura It was a difficult chose to make
Good luck with that decision... they are both excellent guns from all accounts.... Just rember if you choose to go with the CVA you are limited to 100 grains of loose powder (any type), a 300 grain sabotted projectile and a 400 grain conical. The Triumph will allow more versitilty in that it can use 150 grains of loose BP/Pyro - 127 grains of T7 loose and no weight restrictions on bullet size. I can think of why anyone would need 150 grains but there are some that do, but most of my most accurate loads are between 110 and 120 grains of loose powder.

Both guns allow 150 grains of Pellets...
Old 10-29-2008, 02:46 PM
FG

Sabotloader is a trash talkin jealous foo

Old 10-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

FG

Maybe???? but it aint trash if it is a fact...
Old 10-29-2008, 03:09 PM
FG

ive seen the range reports on them. I'd like to handle was so i can check out those triggers on them
Old 10-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

FG

I toyed with one a couple of weks ago in Cabelas... the trigger pull seemed good to me... I do not think it was a light asUC is indicating he has wioth his Accura - but it certainly was not bad...

My problem is I still can not get by the break open part... break opens are OK in shot guns but rifles not for me -yet anyway.... In factjusthad to pack up a Browning BT100 and send it to be rebuilt... the break open just has to much play in it and was causing theshotgun to break open after shooting... kinda like an automatic shotgunwithshell ejection - but you still had to put the next one in and close it yourself...

Quick Reply: Torn Between Two Rifles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.