Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

shockwave success and first deer kill

Old 10-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shockwave success and first deer kill

It had a good exit hole. Blood trail was perfuse. To be honest with you I really thought i had missed the deer. After the shot he loped off and stopped after about 25 yards and stood still for a couple of seconds. Then he took off real slowly and stopped after 10 yards, then he dropped over a lip and i couldnt see him anymore. I told myself I was gonna wait for an hour before getting down to look for any blood. I just couldnt believe that i had missed that deer broadside at 50 yards, but he sure didnt act as if he was hit. When i got down the first thing i found was a piece of lung about an inch long. Well thats when i said he's not going far. When i got to the lip that he went down he was laying right there. He only went maybe a total of 40 yards. I'm shooting the bonded shockwaves, I realize that one can't judge a bullet from just one kill, but i have to admit the sw got off to a good start.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shockwave success and first deer kill

Congrats and thanks for the SW report