Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Locker-pin for T/C Encores

Old 10-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Locker-pin for T/C Encores

Has anyone used the chrome locker-pins (hinge pin replacements)? If so, did you notice a difference in accuracy?
Old 10-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Locker-pin for T/C Encores

Hammer-I've used the black ones from E Arthur Brown and yes they make a difference. You'll have to use a Dremel to work on the ears of the forend so there is no contact but it takes the side to side creep out of the barrel and doesn't void the warranty like overboring for the oversized pins.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

I have not seen the need for them my Encore is very accurate with 50 cal bullets and also with my 28inch 243 Prohunter barrel,
Old 10-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Every factory Encore i have handled has side to side play. Not sure how this can be eliminated outside of actually narrowing the barrel channel in the receiver. My Encore is especially hateful. It hashad two new hinge pins including a .001 over size one. It still has that side to side play.My gun shootsmuch better than it should.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

Those locker pins have the collars on the ends which seems to stop the side to side play from what I have seen.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

no "side to side" play in my Pro Hunter and my hinge pin is stock. i don't know if this makes a difference but i have also only had the barrel off one time (to change out my trigger springs). i don't keep swapping barrels around which may cause this issue you speak of.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Hey CC-

Was it difficult to swap out the trigger springs? Do you mind me asking which spring you used? Also, I have yet to remove the barrel...might not now> :-) Thanks!

Hammer
Old 10-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have looked at the locker pins
Is it woth the $41?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had my Pro Hunter apart 2 times for cleaning. I have not swapped barrels still the original 50 caliber. I have had no problems w accuracy!
Old 10-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think it can hurt. I am going to get one for my Endaevor. And I am also thinking about getting the Boyd's Laminated Thumbhole stock set from E Arthur Brown (EABCO). Here is the EABCO web site and there is a picture of an Encore with this stock set and they also sell the locking hinge pin. What do you guys think. That thing just look like a shooter.

http://www.eabco.com/TCMuzzleLoadgMenu.html

Quick Reply: Locker-pin for T/C Encores

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.