Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Locker-pin for T/C Encores

Old 10-27-2008, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Locker-pin for T/C Encores

ORIGINAL: Hammer49

Hey CC-

Was it difficult to swap out the trigger springs? Do you mind me asking which spring you used? Also, I have yet to remove the barrel...might not now> :-) Thanks!

Hammer
it wasn't that difficult to do. i was scared at first because i didn't want to mess up my T/C but i have absolutely no regrets now! this was definately the best upgrade i have ever done to a rifle, the trigger went from 6.5 pounds to 2-2.5 pounds of pull!i used this company...

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=456&

they also have a tutorial on this site to show you how to do it step by step. my only suggestion would be to have a digital camera with you. take a picture of the action after each step so you will have a reference to fall back on. some of the pictures on the tutorial are small and dark.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Spike

My endeavor was a little loose when the action was open. I got one of the locker pins from cabela's. It didn't tighten it up any. I think they are mostly for keeping the pin from working out so it comes in contact with the forearm. I retuned it and got the x1 and x2 pins from bellum. The x2 was to tight. Had to lightly tap the x1 in. The hinge is tight now. Don't know if it helped with accuracy. It shot real good before.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

SHulion

I got a thumbhole stock for mine...just the balck synthetic kind. It feels wonderful...nice set-up for treestand/shooting house hunting. I'll probably use the normal stock for stalk hunting (assuming I can prove there isn't a change in accuracy).