Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Rem. Genesis, Hornady FPBs

Old 10-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rem. Genesis, Hornady FPBs

Dave, I used the Durasight Z2 alloyone piece base and rings on my Accura and I have to say I really like them.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, it will take a TraditionsPursuit base http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=A1780and that base works just fine.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

and pick some of these up while your are there http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=A1491
Old 10-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Dominant Buck

thanks.. so those bases are good and solid. When you had your Genesis, did you pull the scope when you cleaned it or did you leave the scope on the rifle? I never cleaned one of these new fangled rifles.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guysfor the links to the ramrod, accessories and starter. I have that exact starter, but not the correct tip. I'll try to get one before the season.

Yes, I was shooting with a scope. The fiber optics that come with the gun are good, but I've got a Leupold Rifleman 2x7 on it. I mounted it with T/C Gorilla Grip bases/rings. They were $20 at Walmart, and they list the Genesis on the back of the package. Don't get the see-throughs by accident. I almost did. They are supposed to return to zero if you take the scope off for cleaning, but they are not a QD system. I haven't tried it yet, maybe after the season.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the information Uncle Norby
Old 10-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, I always pull the scope when possible. Truth is that I didn't shoot the first Genesis all that much. Since the one I have now hasn't sold yet - I might shoot it a little more. It's still over at the gunshop though. If I do, the base I linked will be used along with Warne QDs.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:25 AM

Hey guys,I have a dumb question,I am fairly new to blackpowder,why do you use windex and alcohol to swab with?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Dominant Buck

When I talked to the people at Tradition's this morning, they suggested high rings because of the way the scope sits on the receiver.. did you ever notice a problem with the medium height rights. I hate a scope high up on the barrel. Also they are out of those .54 caliber bullets.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

They should update their site.I believe I did use a set of high WEAVER rings on the Genesis - but I think the medium Warnes would have worked. As I recall, the upward part of the rotation of that cam is only about 3/8".

I've slept since then.

Quick Reply: Rem. Genesis, Hornady FPBs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.