Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shootin' in the Blues

Old 09-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Shootin' in the Blues

Monday i had to make a run down to the Blue Mountians, just above Walla Walla, Washington. I had to go to the Lewis Peak area to repair a broken rafter in the in-laws cabin.... they had a huge snow load this winter... well anyway I figued if I was going to the mountains ought to take a ML to shoot.

I ended up taking one of the 1/2 Renegades.A 50 cal GM-LRH blued barrel. I have had it for 2-3 years and never shot it. So I bore sighted it hear at the house packed all the carpenter tools and the shooting boxes and rifle, actually they got loaded first then the tools.

Fixed the rafter - then it was shooting time... Since I bore sighted tought I would start at 50 yards then move back to 75... I always have trouble guesstimating howfar to move an adjustable rear sight but I did not do to bad... Once I got where I thought I was really close@ 75 - I gave up shooting paper and put out the clay pigeons - that is a ton of fun you really get to see your results....

Hereis the target - I think this gun could really be a shooter...

Old 09-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Shootin' in the Blues

Nice shooting there Sabotloader.. Those Green Mountain Barrels are sure hard to beat..
Old 09-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Sabotloader, a couple of comments.

1. Good shooting. Using a 6 o`clock hold on the "V"?

2. How could you possibly have that barrel for two the three years without shooting it. You getting senile or something???

3. With all of the clay pigeons you shoot, surely you must have found a good recipe forthem by now. I understand the small ones are much tenderer than the standard size ones.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Semi

It was a 6:00 hold... only way I can figure out how to shoot open sights - gotta see wht i am shooting...

I was saving it for a rainy day - sides it was new - do not get that many new things - and iwas saving it for an INVESTMENT - how's dat fer xcuuses.

No reciepts for em but I ken tell the SST brand of birds is tuffer dan the other brand dat I use ta shoot - ya gotta hit dese ta brake em - close don;t wor no mo.