Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Black Diamond XR & Bull Shop Conicals

Old 08-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Default T/C Black Diamond XR & Bull Shop Conicals

I was asked by Sabotloader if I had ever shot Bull Shop Conicals out of my Black Diamond XR. I knew I had shot No Excuse Conicals with good results and probably had shot Bull Shop Conicals but made no record for it. So I grabbed a box of them, some 250 gr Shockwaves, and some Buffalo Bullet 375 gr SSB along with a number of powders, my gear, and head out into the back yard.

The reason the distance was 72 yards is I mowed last night, moved the bench and before I realized it, I had started shooting, so I left it there. Otherwise it would be at 75 yards.

The Black Diamond XR does have a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn 1.5-4.5x32mm scope. I was shooting Winchester W209 primers and circle fly .510 fiber wads were being used at times.

I was a little upset with the accuracy of the Buffalo Bullet SSB's with 100 grains of Pyrodex RS. I really expected better of them at this distance. The 250 grain Shockwaves had me really smiling until the last shot. That is the one at 2 o'clock just out of the group. The reason the 95 grains of Triple Se7en and the Buffalo SSB's are only three is.. I broke the loading jag off in the rifle. I dumped the end out before I shot of course, but then had to fish that small screw out of my custom stainless steel range rod. What a pain.

The Bull Shop conicals were .504 diameter and they loaded just fine. I could not shake them off the load. With black powder I noticed a little trouble going through the fowling. Over all wads or no wads, they are hunting accurate. I then walked up to 50 yards, leaned into a large black cherry tree trunk and shot three conicals at the target. I was happy with that as well...

So the answer is, yes I have shot Bull Shop conicals and they do real good. Not as good as the shockwaves mind you, but real good.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: T/C Black Diamond XR & Bull Shop Conicals

Is it true that Wisconsin has passed a law that all deer must wear a 3 x 5 colored index card over their heart? Good shooting, dead deer.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Nope.. deer are still not required. But if I ever get an invite to go index card hunting... DUDE I AM READY!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

good shooting,

I have some bull shop being held for me by ron in .452 for the apex. got my money tied up in my hawkens [8D]