Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Accura

Old 08-26-2008, 09:54 AM

Default CVA Accura

Just to let you all know, The North American Hunt Club is doing field testing on the Accura. I am sure you all could get some info off their website on the Accura.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: CVA Accura

Maybe they will let me field test it...
Old 08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I offered to field test the CVA Accura and promised a complete and honest review. They said NO.

They also said testing was being done by the outfit FG mentioned above. There is not ONE word on that site about the Accura - they sure are doing a good job . I know that encourages me to buy one.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:49 PM

they turned me down also. David was nice enough to say that if anything ever changes, they will get in touch with me.

I say you all start a mass email, tell them to send one to a trustable outfit (ganders powerbelt forum) and get some real honest testing out on the hunting forums.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Dominant Buck

I have field tested a number of things for the club, but have never got a chance to test something I felt worth while. All the good things I think are sent to special members and they give the junk to the others.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:56 PM

Isn't The North American Hunt Club the outfit that says when you sign up they send you all kinds of stuff to test out, but almost everyone thats been a members for years hasnt gotten chit to try out?

I dont know about you guys but, I dont take what paid magazine writes say, to heart. I want to hear the info from normal guys like us who are not getting paid to make out something thats not what they say it is.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I dont know about you guys but, I dont take what paid magazine writes say, to heart. I want to hear the info from normal guys like us who are not getting paid to make out something thats not what they say it is.
Hear, hear! I believe 20% of what I see in magazines and 90% of what I get from this forum (actually 100% from regulars, even FG).
Old 09-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone buy one of these thangz yet?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/reviews.jsp?productid=216606 is the only user review I've seen. No comment.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

UC

No comment.
NO COMMENT!!!!

You know you have a comment and you want to say it!!

Let's see what would cdaddy sey rite har bout dat....
Old 09-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Spike

Hi new to the forum.

Just picked up a ACCURA today. I was shopping around for a new smokestick and was dead set on getting a prohunter. Well i came home with the CVA. Honestly i think the fit and finish is as nice if not better at least in where the stock fits the frame. Looking at a buch of prohunters i noticed that the stock was sharp where there is a cut out around some type of pin behind the trigger guard. and the grip felt good but that area cut into the side of my middle fingure. I check multiple pro's with the same issue.

the accura fits soooooo well. its right there when you throw it up. at least on me sight alignment is perfect and is high and in the sholder. the stock does look identicle to my old elite but the comb is taller and the grip area is longer. the only place id say that as far asthetics goes to the TC is in the rings that holds the cleaning rod. the accuras are like the rest of the bugara barreled rifles with those cheasycr band rings unlike the tc thick ovalish ones. look at tc's cleaning rod rings (below the barrel) and youll see they are much nicer.

but side by side looing at the accura next to my optima elite there is no comparison. the elite looks like cheap junk. Dont get my wrong mines a tack driver but this accura is nice. the sides are smooth and the breach lever is sculpted into the trigger guard. my elite's release pad fell off last season in a feild so this really appealed to me.

I havnt run any rounds though it yet, but weather permitting I will tomorrow. Im not a bp guru like you guys and have only been doing this my second season. My father talked me into it last year. Ill never pick up a 12 gauge again for deer.

on my rig im running medium mounts with knurldknobs to remove the scope and use irons for backups and a Bushnell Banner 2-7x36. cheap scope but it does the job and clears the iron site by a culy hairs distance.

I will try:

Prepelant (Pellets)
pyrodex
american pioneer: (square peg round hole doesnt make sence to me)also very inconsistant due to loose sticks banging around. my optima elite hated it, group was all over...but ill humor my father. lol.

powerbelt 245g and 270g aero tips and hollopoints
shockwave 250g and 300g
Hornady 250g sst and 250 xtp

my father shoots 100g AP with a 250 shock wave out of a wolf. I guess he picked up some knight sabots (walmart special) so i might try those too. between me and my father im sure i can find a good match for this rifle. Ill post tomorrow night and let you know how it worked.

Quick Reply: CVA Accura

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.