Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Accura

Old 09-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Spike

Default RE: CVA Accura

breach area

Old 09-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Spike

foreend removed

hammer and fireing pin

Old 09-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Spike

Frame and release lever

Old 09-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

SHulion

PM Sent
Old 09-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Spike

Barrel and some interesting things noticed.

ok again im stateing this as this is just a observation. I am not making any statements that this is somthing i would do or that i would recommend anyone else doing.

Hypothetically someone with some machining and tig welding expiriance might find this interesting. accura barrelabove elite below.

with the forend mount it is interesting why would they spnd so much time and a design into this fire arm to not weld the foreend mount into the barrel. this would make it more accurate and may be somthing i might do myself. Yes I TIG

this not being welded baffles me "accura" hmmm. Being welded is the closest this thing would be to bedded. )more accurate)
Old 09-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Spike

here is the forends elite on left accura on right only differance is a slight 1/16th inch depression for the mount. so again the mounting spot is identicle to the elite....hmmm!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Spike

more odd pics. oh and a ram rod end they threw in thats to put on the ram rod to supposedly not scar the polycarbonate on sabots. its the same end that TC puts with its bullet starter... interesting.

and here is a random pic looking through the scope

Old 09-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Spike

well thats it for tonight. I think we have violated velma enough for one night. like i was saying above the barrels are very very close to what a elites is. does this mean that there will be other chamberings offered as interchangable from cva? the answer would be no. This is a non-serialized rifle due to the fact that it does not supposedly have the ability to shoot smokeless powder.

hmmmmmmm.

j
Old 09-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the pics, they are an education in themselves. When you get time to respond, I notice an apparent "brass wire" looking thing running across the hinge pin - what might that be?Annnnnnd, is the receiver section made of the same stainless as the barrel (or is it some lighter alloy)?

Thanks again. It looks like a well done design. Let us know how much blowback gets down into the action and/or escapes from the barrel to action intersection.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:00 PM

UC, Its more than likely an alloy to keep weight down.

Apply some Flitz to the frame and theres no worrying about stains. Used it on my nickel optima and anything that gets on, wipes right off. Lasts for 6 months i believe.

Great looking rifle! I handled the Electra with the bergara barrel and i really liked what i saw.

As for tip welding, i wouldnt attempt it on the barrel lug. Obviously they seem to think it doesnt need the welding and i agree. The tc omega i had wasnt welded either, they were screwed in.

Shoot it in factory form and once you get a load shooting great, then you can go a head and tinker with the smaller things that you think could be improved.

Welding on a rifle is something i wouldnt do.

Quick Reply: CVA Accura

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.