Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Got some FPB's 50 cal 350 grain

Old 08-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got some FPB's 50 cal 350 grain

I have heard mention of these on the forum but would like some feedback from those of you that have shot them.
Give me all the good stuff
Gun
Powder
Primer
Grains - bullett and powder

We have a hurricane coming in so I wont get to shoot them for a while.My wife hates it when I shoot in the house.I fly to Chicago this weekend for a gig so I will have to wait. Anybody in that area?
I'll be staying in S.Elgin and playing at the Barrington Yacht Club
Old 08-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got some FPB's 50 cla 350 grain

they shoot great out of knight with just 75grs of triple 7 2f. planning on taking them out to 100yrd tomorrow. if it is not windy.

over all. little more then I can get copper clad AT powerbelt. may stick with sabots. or go on and do a little switch. never know what I will decide till I got to load up.

forgot, cci #11 mags
here is a small range report on them.
did not feel like digging up the one on here. [8D]
http://ganderspowerbeltforu.powerguild.net/off-topic-free-for-all-f13/fpb-s-ok-they-are-that-good-t103.htm
Old 08-19-2008, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got some FPB's 50 cal 350 grain

I've had very good groups (with open sights, 2"+at 100 yd, 4" at 150 yd.)out of my Knight as well. I've been using 100 gr. of T-7 2f. My buddy tried the same load out of his Omega and had similar groups. We haven't been getting flyers with this bullet.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: saxman1

I have heard mention of these on the forum but would like some feedback from those of you that have shot them.
Gun
Powder
Primer

We have a hurricane coming in so I wont get to shoot them for a while.My wife hates it when I shoot in the house.I fly to Chicago this weekend for a gig so I will have to wait. Anybody in that area?
Do you intend to shoot these in your Omega? Chap
Old 08-19-2008, 08:10 AM

They shot horrible in my Omega, Loading them was a dirty bore was about as easy as removing cement from a 400 yard old cannon that was soaked in salt water for about 20 years.

Prone to shedding the pedals that form when bullet impacts. Not bad but still limits the size of the hole. I prefer a Big hole all the way through.

Should be interesting to see how they open up, if at all, on game on lung shots.

If you shoot them, swab between shots or else its pretty bad getting them down. I can load sabots easier on a fouled bore than i can with these.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gleason.chapman

ORIGINAL: saxman1

Gun
Powder
Primer

Do you intend to shoot these in your Omega? Chap
I will be shooting them out of my Encore 50 cal with a Omega scope
Old 08-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Dominant Buck

I saw the local Wal Mart had them in stock. But I refuse to buy powerbelts at over a buck each, and the same goes for them...

I have too much other things to shoot. In that Encore I would be shooting 250 grain shockwaves, but to each their own... good luck with the gig and I hope the storm is kind to you.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Spike

I just got some the other day.Went to the range today with them.Took my 3x9scopedKRB7,hearing that it liked FPB'S.Have the gun zeroed at 75yds.Where I hunt here in Va.There ain't none of them 100-150 yd.deer to see.Anyway had worked up a load previously w/250 gr.Honady sst low drags.Been very pleased.They will hold at 1"most of the time if I'm doing things right.Shot 5 rounds,all were at top of a 1' dot in a tight little cluster,life was good.Then I decided to put some of the FPBS down the chute.Used same charge for grins and giggles.90gr.T2F,w209,and the FPB.Seated the bullet kinda firm like and proceded to put three in the same damn hole.Iwas grinning.Mind you the hole was a bit bigger than one bullet but aone holer none the less.About 2"low and 1"left.Now I don't carry a camera around with me cause I don't usually shoot a group I think worthy of a picture.But this one,..It was something to see.Two guys shooting asked me if I was shooting a 30-06,idiots.Don't know what to hunt with now.BTW,who ever said earlier to swab is exactly spot on.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

They shot horrible in my Omega, Loading them was a dirty bore was about as easy as removing cement from a 400 yard old cannon that was soaked in salt water for about 20 years.

Prone to shedding the pedals that form when bullet impacts. Not bad but still limits the size of the hole. I prefer a Big hole all the way through.

Should be interesting to see how they open up, if at all, on game on lung shots.

If you shoot them, swab between shots or else its pretty bad getting them down. I can load sabots easier on a fouled bore than i can with these.
FG,when you say swab do you mean just a spit patch or a cleaning fluid patch?
I was reading on a site for Encore's that they had the best luck with just both sides of a spit patch.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Dominant Buck

There are two schools of thought in swabbing solutions. Some say a spit patch will remove the main fowling but leave the bore coated with a film, which is a good thing. The others think by cleaning with windex or other swabbing solution you clean the bore better and hence, get more uniform shots...

Try both cleaning solution and spit and see what works best for you. Then let us know. I use a cleaning solution.

Quick Reply: Got some FPB's 50 cal 350 grain

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.