Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC's Service Shines

Old 07-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default TC's Service Shines

After I bought a new.45 GM LRH barrel for my Renegade, I decided to send the badly pitted TC .50 caliber barrel back to TC. I included a letter stating the pitting was caused by impropering cleaningand asking if anything could be done for the barrel and, if so, how much would it cost.

Well, I received the barrel back today with a service order that said "Lapped Bore. Test fired - 50 yards: 90 grs FFg black powder, 370 gr. MAXI BALLS, 1 3/4" group, No Charge."

Ya` can't beat that! The pitting is still visible in the bore, but is notably less than what it was.

Looks like I'll have another chore for my next range session. If you recall my post "Disappointing Day With the Renegade" http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2736181&mpage=1&key=Renegade&amp ;#2736181 , I shot five different loads at 50 yards with that pitted barrel and hadmiserable results. I'll be re-shooting those loads with the lapped barrel and report my results. Should be interesting.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TC's Service Shines

You just can't beat TC for customer service. That is cool. I really like it when a company stands behind its product. I have had similar experiences with Knight, Leatherman and St Croix Rods, which BTW are all Amreican companies. Gotta love it!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

great to hear semi. forget about me waiting, I am going to go on and send my new enlander back. maybe I get mine back just in time for the 2 week break before late muzzy
Old 07-18-2008, 12:22 PM

I got a big dissapointment from TC this after noon. I got the mail and my new "higher" front sight came in and i matched the original and its the same friggin sight! I waited over a week for this to come in only to find the same sight in the package[:@]

And to add insult, the optic was so dark i wouldnt have been able to see it in dim light.

Update, TC does not make a sight high enough to correct my POI and they told me to send the barrel in. No way in cold hell am i turning in a conical shooting barrel!

Pop can shim under the front sight maybe?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

FG - the only other thing I could think to do is to get a sight from Brownell. They sell marvel sights in all heights.

Something we used to do many years ago (Back when there were no adjustable sights), was remove the front sight and sodder a silver dime on them. Those silver dimes were easy to trim, and back then not worth a dime... We'd cut one end flat, almost in half. Then sodder that dime on it. With the ruff edges there is no glare off them and you can shorten them down as much as you want.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

Williams has Firesights to fit many ML rifles, including TC's.

Some info.seems to belacking, so justinquire:

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/muzzle.htm

Not sure what kind you have, so here's Marble's:

http://www.marblearms.com/frontSights.html
Old 07-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Spike

Gander, How high does it need to be? My Lyman globe should get here today with UPS, and when it does I'm replacing the fiber optic sight on my GM barrel. The FO measures somewhere in the .400-.450 range. Shoot me an email if you can use it (I should have the rear sight somewhere as well).
Old 07-18-2008, 03:33 PM

Thanks TC. I have a .473 sight on it now. Its 8" high @ 50 yards! I'll need something in the .490-.500 range.

I used a shim and got probably close to .480 right now.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Semisane

After I bought a new.45 GM LRH barrel for my Renegade, I decided to send the badly pitted TC .50 caliber barrel back to TC. I included a letter stating the pitting was caused by impropering cleaningand asking if anything could be done for the barrel and, if so, how much would it cost.

Well, I received the barrel back today with a service order that said "Lapped Bore. Test fired - 50 yards: 90 grs FFg black powder, 370 gr. MAXI BALLS, 1 3/4" group, No Charge."

Ya` can't beat that! The pitting is still visible in the bore, but is notably less than what it was.

Looks like I'll have another chore for my next range session. If you recall my post "Disappointing Day With the Renegade" http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2736181&mpage=1&key=Renegade&amp ;#2736181 , I shot five different loads at 50 yards with that pitted barrel and hadmiserable results. I'll be re-shooting those loads with the lapped barrel and report my results. Should be interesting.
Heck, I would shoot the Maxi-balls, TC got em to group. Chap
Old 07-18-2008, 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: gleason.chapman

ORIGINAL: Semisane

Heck, I would shoot the Maxi-balls, TC got em to group. Chap
At 50yrds, they should be touching. I bet with the lesser 80 grain charge they would group tighter. Maybe even a wad.

Quick Reply: TC's Service Shines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.