Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cayugad's Twelve Step Program

Old 07-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Cayugad's Twelve Step Program

For those of us suffering from muzzle loading addiction, I recommend Cayugad's Twelve Step Program.

Step 1 - State firmly at every opportunity - "I have enough guns."

Step 2 - Buy a gun.

Step 3 - Post pictures of gun and shooting results.

Step 4 - State firmly at every opportunity - "I do not need another gun."

Step 5 - Buy a gun.

Step 6 - Post pictures of gun and shooting results.

Steps 7 through 12 - (Repeat steps 1 through 6.) This program may be repeated as many times as necessary as it takes to acquire a KRB.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cayugad's Twelve Step Program

ORIGINAL: Semisane

For those of us suffering from muzzle loading addiction, I recommend Cayugad's Twelve Step Program.

Step 1 - State firmly at every opportunity - "I have enough guns."

Step 2 - Buy a gun.

Step 3 - Post pictures of gun and shooting results.

Step 4 - State firmly at every opportunity - "I do not need another gun."

Step 5 - Buy a gun.

Step 6 - Post pictures of gun and shooting results.

Steps 7 through 12 - (Repeat steps 1 through 6.) This program may be repeated as many times as necessary as it takes to acquire a KRB.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_step_program

[/align]A twelve-step program is a set of guiding principles for recovery from addiction, compulsion, or other behavioral problems. Originally proposed by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) as a method of recovery from alcoholism,[1] the Twelve Steps were first published in the book, Alcoholics Anonymous in 1939.[2] The method was then adapted, and became the foundation of other twelve-step programs such as Narcotics Anonymous, Overeaters Anonymous, Co-Dependents Anonymous and Debtors Anonymous. The process of twelve-step recovery has been characterized by Dr. Bob - one of AA's co-founders - as "Trust God, clean house, help others". [3] As summarized by the American Psychological Association, the process involves the following:[1]
[ul][*]admitting that one cannot control one's addiction or compulsion;[*]recognizing a greater power that can give strength;[*]examining past errors with the help of a sponsor (experienced member);[*]making amends for these errors;[*]learning to live a new life with a new code of behavior;[*]helping others that suffer from the same addictions or compulsions. [/ul]
[/align]Cayugad put true meaning to the last step, by helping us overcome our addiction or compulsion.

Chap
Old 07-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Dominant Buck

all very true, but for some reason I still end up with another gun.[&o]
Old 07-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Don't we all Dave Like people who get a GPR and sell it for an Omega. All of us are looking for another pretty face
Old 07-12-2008, 09:01 PM

"Don't we all Dave Like people who get a GPR and sell it for an Omega. All of us are looking for another pretty face"

Who then take that omega and want to sell it for something else

Hey im sellin/trading! Dave is hording them all to him self! Sure he gives you a story about giving a couple away. What he doesnt tell you is that he bought exact replica's and then just gave those away to make it look like he did good [8D]
Old 07-13-2008, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

And then there us who buy an Omega, Keep it and buy a GPR and TC Renegade, and a Traditions E-Bolt Lightening and a Deerstalker and another Deerstalker and a GM barreland am looking at another TC []

It's all Dave's fault I tell you.

Dave, you got room in that club for another?
Old 07-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's Dave way of not buying that KRB 7 he is wanting so very bad. But to save face and mess up our pool on when he does buy it, he buys different rifles.

I think the pool has ran out now and time to start a new one.
Dec 20th 2008.

Al
Old 07-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

I your startin a KRB pool it will have to be Sept 21, He has to have time to work up loads before WI deer season. I should talk I just got a new Deerstalker 54 cal.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

I got my KRB7 before Dave; but to be true to the cause I managed to walk into the local gun shop and they had a CVA Optima Elite Stainless with camo stock with both the .50ML barrel and a .270 barrel for about half price that would not let me leave without it (apparently someone bought it and never shot it and sold it back for half price). I had to order the camo 12ga. turkey barrel to go with it so now it is almost complete (needs scopes on both rifle barrels). All this before even getting to shoot the KRB. (Really too hot here for much shooting, just buying). Damn, this disease is getting the better of me. Trying to keep up with the 12 steps.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'll takeOct. 1in the pool.

Quick Reply: Cayugad's Twelve Step Program

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.