Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega Sights

Old 06-28-2008, 10:39 PM

Default Omega Sights

I remember someone posts a link on here and it was a scope base that had a peep sight on it. You could use this base for the peep sight or for a scope. It was priced around $60, Does anyone remember this?

I am worried that when i get the factory sights, i wont be able to use them. The last omega's i handled had what looked like williams and i had to smash my face up against the side of the stock to barely get the sights in view. I was hoping the added height of that base/peep site might help me out.

This is it!

Also, do they make a sidehammer extension? Jeez, havent even shot the thing and i am wanting to spend money on it That recoil pad will probably be the first to go. Limbsaver always has a soft spot in my heart.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Omega Sights

nevermind, I need a vacation from my vacation
Old 06-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe this is what you are looking for.

http://www.eabco.com/Muzzleloader03.htm

Old 06-29-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty neat looking sight / mount.

As far as the Sims recoil pad, if you are like me, the standard stock is too short (or at least it was when I bought mine 4 years ago). Therefore, I got the slipover sims pad and it helps with the recoil and lengthens the stock. This lengthening may also help with getting low enough for the sight. The slipoever is also a lot cheaper. I believe it was the medium (size) one.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

FG

The hammer spur will not work on an Omega because the hammer drops down into the stock the when you drop the trigger.

The open sights work just fine on my Omega, if you mount a scope you may need a cheek pad. The Omega was originally built to open sights.

But! with that aftermarket thumb-hole stock you are getting that may well be a problem - as I am sure the comb has been built for a scope.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

I remember someone posts a link on here and it was a scope base that had a peep sight on it. You could use this base for the peep sight or for a scope. It was priced around $60, Does anyone remember this?

I am worried that when i get the factory sights, i wont be able to use them. The last omega's i handled had what looked like williams and i had to smash my face up against the side of the stock to barely get the sights in view. I was hoping the added height of that base/peep site might help me out.

This is it!

Also, do they make a sidehammer extension? Jeez, havent even shot the thing and i am wanting to spend money on it That recoil pad will probably be the first to go. Limbsaver always has a soft spot in my heart.
I can see why you traded for it, beautiful with the black Thumbhole stock and the SS barrel. Now don't shoot 300g TC Shockwaves in it because if you do you will never go back to PBs, 'cause you will get something close to this:

Chap

Old 06-29-2008, 10:28 AM

Chap, the black/ss picture above is just from a website. the rear sight is what i want.

This is the one i got in trade,

Old 06-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

the wife says your gun is pretty and cute.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:35 AM

tell her i said thanks. I'll sell it to her for a decent price
Old 06-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

she said its too pretty for her thanks though

Quick Reply: Omega Sights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.