Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pennsylvania Hunter

Old 06-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pennsylvania Hunter

Cayugad, Is the stock on the Pennsylvania hunter the same as the stock on the white mountain carbine ? just curious. Steve
Old 06-22-2008, 12:09 AM
Dominant Buck

I really could not say. I do not own a White Mountain Carbine [&o] While the barrel is not round for the part that lays in the stock, the barrel then turns round on the barrel after it leaves the stock part.

I can tell you I took my barrel that would fit a White Mountain Carbine and tried to install it right now.. into the Pennsylvania Hunter and white it fits the stock, it does not match in the wedge lock area... So I will guess that they are not the same..

Hope this helped.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

HI Dave
Is the Penn hunter stock slimmer and lighter than your renegade's. It seems to be designed to blance the 32 inch barrel. I sure like mine with the 21 inch GM LRH.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Looking at each of them side by side, they appear very similar. The stock ends sooner on the PA Hunter stock up the barrel then the Renegade. But they must not lock up in the same place or manner. Other then that, you're right about the balance of that long barrel.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

I used the 21 inch gm barrel on my Penn hunter fit was perfect did you put yours on renegade or hawken
Old 06-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Mine was for a Hawkins.. they should be the same but the wedge key did not line up right, and I was not going to force it.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bronco...If you have a Hobby Lobby in the area, they sell bees wax, it's about 10 bucks a pound...
Old 06-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Dominant Buck

I just checked the Green Mountain Barrel Sizing Chart...

The Pennsylvania Hunter or Carbine according to the chart share NO barrel with the White Mountain Carbine. In fact one barrel #910115 fits the White Mountain Carbine and no other rifle....

The chart also says that the barrel for the Hawkins or Renegade WILL fit the Pennsylvania Hunter. Maybe I did not force it deep enough into the stock...
Old 06-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

cayugad
I know you use a 1 power scope sometimes and iron sights some times could you give us a comparison on there grouping ability?
Old 06-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

I know the 21 inch will fit my Lyman deer stalker with a little filing but the fit on the Penn Hunter is perfect. It takes a little pressure to get the wedge in. I still have to wring out some loads I keep staring at the guns but the big wood pile wins. I ran away for a few days last week to the St Croix Flowage for some pan fish. That was a nice break.

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania Hunter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.