Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A couple more can't hurt

Old 04-04-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A couple more can't hurt

Looks like some nice rifles! I'm interested to hear how the shotgun shoots -be sure to keep us informed. I've always wondered about going with a BP shotgun for turkeys...
Old 04-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Semisane

MAN,I am so glad you're "finished buying new guns".
LOL!
I was thinking the same.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

That Knight shotgun will do the job on a turkey, but the CVA is what catches my eye.
If it's 1:32 I'll bet it will throw big chunks of lead very accurately! It's a very nice looking rifle, not real fancy, but very functional looking.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I have not had a chance to even play with them.... I have company this weekend and my sister wanted some odd jobs done at her place today, so I went and got all of that done. Then I came home and saw the mail man had tried to deliver another rifle to me... Yes, that's right I got another one. Its a White .451 Model 97 with a stainless steel barrel. So I have to go to town monday and pick up thatrifle, but then I really do need to control my gun collection a little. I have all the guns I should ever want. Other then a couple custom made flintlock rifles. ... and .....
Old 04-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geez Dave, whats the count up to now? Must be several dozen just in muzzleloaders. You just can't lay off those deals can you?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Well I picked up the White M97 stainless steel, laminted stock, .451 caliber today at the post office. It is a beauty without a doubt.. I can not wait to shoot that.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Dominant Buck

White M97 in .451 caliber with stainless barrel. I mounteda Nikon 1X scope on it and will be out tomorrow rain or shine to see how it shoots....
Old 04-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Dave- be sure and post some results of that white so I can see what I missed with this one. It is a good looking rifle and hopefully shoots good for ya. Kerry
Old 04-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Dominant Buck

I sure will .... I kind of got this the round about way through you and Indiana Smokepole, but I think it finallyfound a permanent home here. I will start it with 70 grains of Triple Se7en 3f and one of them big conicals and see what it will do. With a 1X scope it should make for an interesting rifle.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the two nice guns. That Tracker looks like a nice gun. Wonder if they make/made a left hand version?

Quick Reply: A couple more can't hurt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.