Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lost rifle still missing??? How to find it

Old 03-28-2008, 03:31 PM

Default Lost rifle still missing??? How to find it

Bought a new used rifle in 45-120 cal in Missouri..It
was shipped out last Monday..Last seen in Ohio...
Now appears to have up and vanished like a fart in
the wind..Tracking numbers say it is still in Ohio...But
where..Hell I could have walked out there and been
back with it in that time..I have no idea where it is
now or where it's even been...The package contained
loading dies,brass,scope,etc...Cost very much...
Boy am I pissed..What do I do now....
Old 03-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lost rifle still missing??? How to find it

UPS - call them and find out what's up? They should be able to track it down. Was it insured?
Old 03-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Dominant Buck

If it is UPS file a complaint.. advise them of the delay in the shippment, and that their tracking does not indicate theexactlocation of the item. Demand they find it and deliver it. The are normally pretty good about it. I will guess it was put up somewhere, and when they could not figure out why, it was returned to the person you purchased it from or is enroute to them.

If it is the United States Post Office.. good luck. They will tell you to be patient. And then when you complain again they want all the paperwork on it from both ends. I had a terrible time with them once with some merchandise.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

I agree on the US Postal comment. I had a package from Doc White with two breechplugs and a bolt that they ripped apart and repackaged with just one breechplug. Never did get the other parts and never got any real assurance from US postal that I ever would. Even insurance with US Postal does not work unless you have receipts showing the actual cost of the items being shipped. Your estimate of value does not count.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:21 AM

Damn you guys aint making me feel good....Yes it was sent
through the post office..I checked again this morning,nothing.

He said,don't worry it will show up...I damn near grabbed his
ass,but something told me not to..Some bitchs really piss me
off.Next time I will drive out and get it..

I have sent others the same way with no problem..Just my luck...

I didn't want to go UPS as I have heard so many horror stories
about them as well..I know of one guy that got a new rifle and
when it arrived,the barrel was sticking out of the box...
Old 03-29-2008, 07:14 AM

Knock on WOOD I have never had a Probblem with the USPS
BUT I have had Big Probblems with UPS!

Ron
Old 03-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would never ship anything big using the post office. to pay for tracking is a joke. if you check the system it will only tell you where it was shipped from and if you lucky days later where it is logged in at and when it arrived in the destination state. on the other hand UPS tracking shows all the stops and cities along the way with times logged as to when it arrived and leaves each stop.if a package isint double boxed and stuffed with packing bubbles or foam there is no guarantee with any shipping service. most will just slap something in a box. take the time to double box and use several rolls of dollar store clear tape and you will never have a problem. if you leave any dead space in a package your doomed. they throw these packages onto the trucks. if you can shake your package and hear movement dont even send it. if you bubble wrap a gun barrel and then stick it in a tight box and then stick that into a box it will never poke out. taking the time to do it right is the key. i have over 500 transactions on ebay and learned the hard way myself but i learned on the first sale. i have had stuff show up from the u.s. mail a month later so dont give up!
Old 03-29-2008, 02:33 PM

well at bit of good news..It was found in Alburtis,PA this morning..
Why it went there,i have no clue..So we'll see where it goes from there..
That makes the sky alittle brighter...
Old 03-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Johnny2 I think it is a great shooter and the boys at the Post Office are shipping it too each ther to try out!!! Next time at the post office ask how it is shooting at 100 yards.[X(]
Never, never, never ship USPS. Pay the extra and fed ex or UPS and insure! It takes mail 3 days to go 25 miles in Ohio. Funny thing is they are talking about raising stamp prices again.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:01 AM

Whatever shipping provider you decide to use get up off of the extra money and invest in a hardside case,plastic or otherwise with the foam padding insideZip tie the case where locks are supposed to go.Box it up and ship it UPS,forget the postal service for guns, they are mor trouble than they are worth.They also had a rate increase that is much more than UPS.DidI say I hate the Postal service?LOL!

Quick Reply: Lost rifle still missing??? How to find it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.