Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Rossi muzzleloader

Old 02-17-2003, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rossi muzzleloader

anyone have any insight or info on the new rossi breech action muzzleloaders (they come with a shotgun or rifle combo)
I like the relative ease of cleaning that the breech action seems offer
i have a TC Black Diamond and like the gun but cleaning is a bit long and can never seem to get it as clean as i like
the price of the Rossi is also attractive ($200 or less)
Old 02-17-2003, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rossi muzzleloader

The only feedback I' ve read about the rifle was from an owner that thought very little of the gun. He said it was very loose and not at all accurate as I recall.

You might want to take a closer look at the rifle Rossi apparently tried to copy, the HR1871 Huntsman muzzleloader. Also, CVA/Winchester Muzzleloading is coming out with a new rifle or two that may have promise (I' m told CVA Optima and Winchester Apex) but have as yet seen nothing definitive on those new guns.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks, any more opinions/info?
Old 03-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would buy one with a good track record.I know nothing of the Rossi but I know allot about T/C, Knight ,CVA and Ruger muzzleloaders.All of them are proven.There has been allot of complaints about the Remington700 ML' s.Years ago Rossi handguns left allot to be desired,if that' s changed I don' t know.For a traditional ML' s I would go with a T/C. For inlines either Knight or Ruger.I really like my Knight Disc.Mine is a pre 98 and only has a 22" barrel.It still drives tacks.
Ruger Redhawk