Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Another raise in ammo cost..

Old 03-26-2008, 10:07 AM

Default Another raise in ammo cost..

Notice--All ammo prices to go up again on April ist....Sorry this is
not an April fool joke..I wish it was..Up anywhere from 7 to 15 %...
Old 03-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another raise in ammo cost..

I got my butt chewed about buying some yesterday.
9mm luger pmc 115gr FMJ, $12.99 local

hornadys xtp and interlocks $23.99 local now
Old 03-26-2008, 10:18 AM

Good thing u got it when u did Corey...Save all ur brass for reloading..
Old 03-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to start with my 9mm, already do with my 30-06.

I am going to start looking for more lead and get molds for both

and when I got to the range I am going to start gathering mix lots of brass and resale them

trying to make money for a gun kit
Old 03-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Well it had to happen I guess. With the outrageous price of fuel, truck drivers and companies must be hurting. It only makes sense that they have to raise their rates, the stores then raise their costs, the companies they use to ship the products to us raise their rates, and our salaries go down, and taxes up... Great economy we got going on here..

I would suggest if you shoot a lot, to purchase all you can and stock pile. Have you noticed the cost increase of just UPS and Fed Ex lately? I for one just bought over $100.00 worth of Barnes Expanders, and intend on getting a few boxes of other bullets and sabots. Otherwise it gets hard to play. The rest I can cast myself at home...
Old 03-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been buying since last Labor Day, have put back 10 boxes of CoreLokts for my .243...
Old 03-26-2008, 03:09 PM

Yes I have been stocking up for years on ammo for my 270, 357mag, 44mag, and my 45-70. I reload my own. Untill this Country becomes independent on oil, and stops relying on other countriesI am afraid prices on every thing will continue to go up and up,This is only my opinion of course, but thier is so much oil in our own Country, let's go get it.

DCH
Old 03-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

but thier is so much oil in our own Country, let's go get it.
I'm with you DCH. Drill in Anwar, drill off the Florida coast, drill off the California coast.

Thoseliberal crybabies who keep shouting "Bush's war" and decry the state of the economy are the same ones who keep us from using the resources we have available and knocking the poop out of mid-east oil prices.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

GEESE starting to sound like a John McCain speach.

Truckers go the shaft back in the 70's with fuel cost. they learned to write in surcharges for fuel cost increases that is why they haven't parked the trucks with $4.45 fuel cost today. But the extra shipping cost does getmarket up on the products we buy.
If there isn'tsome thing done soon on the cost of fuel take a guess at what honey will cost this fall? some thing like $12.00 a pound. Wax will be much more too.

Al
Old 03-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

i think it has more to do with the demand of china and other third world countriesfor metals b/c they are growing at such a rate the demand for the metals, grains, fuels, fertilizers, all commodities is huge, thus driving up the price. The weak dollar has a part. Fuel price going up has some but not all of the increase explained

Quick Reply: Another raise in ammo cost..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.