Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Nothing to do with shooting..just saw question

Old 02-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Nothing to do with shooting..just saw question

Just don't get a Homelite Generator. I bought a big one for the house as a back up power supply. I only used it for about twenty five minutes one day shortly after I purchased it,to do some powertool work. It ran fine. Then it was put back in its spot as backup,for house emergencies. Well low and behold, finally the power was out for a couple days here. I had not used the thing in three years. I started it.. and it ran for about two hours and then blew up. According to the person that checked it, when they assembled it at the factory, they never tightened the bolts inside the thing properly. The small run time was enough to shake them loose and send them through the copper coils. Homelite told me it had a one year guarantee and there was nothing they could do for me. So I have a good gas engine with auto oil shut off, as getting it repaired would cost as much as buying a new one.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:51 PM

Same thing happen to me after my house fire..Got one from sears not a craftsmen though..
Not sure of the brand,but it did the same thing after maybe 3 hours of run time..I thought the house
was on fire again....I traded for a craftsmen and that has been a good one..I used it every
month for 3 years at the black powder shoot to run the coffee pot...It's just a smallone but works
good..Enough to run the furnace and keep the freezer and fridge going if need be...

I burn wood most of the time...Use locust almost all the time....

I just draged out the cords and saw and got the repair done..Also put hay in for the goats..

It is snowing here again now..Oh well...
Old 02-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Snowing here too... kind of pretty out there..
Old 02-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

I bought the Champion that Cabelas has in their catalog. I bought it for the RV since the one I have for the house is too big to haul around. All the reviews in Cabelas seemed good. I did not buy from them though,I bought direct from Parts America and saved $100.00 delivered to the house by UPS in less than a week. Cabelas is almost always higher priced.

Charlie
Old 02-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use on like Sabot loaders with two battries one on the charger and one in use so far its worked out fine by the time I run one down the other is charged; just dont forget to store them on a full charge and re charge the every 3 months or the battries start fadding away. Lee
Old 02-29-2008, 06:04 PM

I bought the Champion that Cabelas has in their catalog. I bought it for the RV since the one I have for the house is too big to haul around. All the reviews in Cabelas seemed good. I did not buy from them though,I bought direct from Parts America and saved $100.00 delivered to the house by UPS in less than a week. Cabelas is almost always higher priced.

Thats it..Thats the one that blewup....Sorry to say..But that was the brand
I got at Sears...Don't know if they still carry them or not...
Old 02-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Milwaukee 18V cordless tools in my business (plumbing) and they do a good job. The circular saw runs down batteries quickly compared to the drills & sawzall, though. If a sawzall would do your cutting jobs it would be worth looking at. I've got Milwaukee cordless tools over 10 years old that are still going strong. New batteries every few years, but the tools themselves are tough!
BTW - I use a power inverter in my truck to keep the charger(s) going so I always have fresh batteries on the jobsite.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:20 PM

I have a whole set of commercial grade cordless Makita power tools....got it from a pawn shop barely 2 seasons old for about 40% of wholsale new cost...times are tough cruise the pawn shops for some great deals
Old 02-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

Man...I thought Cayuga was retired!!!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a DeWalt 12V drill that has been a good one. I have a corded DeWalt belt sander that is a plastic pile of crap. Used about 2 hours one day then about 3 months latter it pops the circuit breaker every 10 seconds.
I try to buy Ridgid tools now since they have the best warrenty. Ridigit owns Millwakee now. If I can't get Ridgid, I buy Porter Cable. Thats what my new belt sander is.

Have a 7500 watt Porter Cable gen. we use for back up power and for electric at the cabin during deer camp. Has worked very well for us for 8 years now. Just bought a small 3500 watt Troy Built Gen to run the bee Vac when we are doing removals. The troy built is lighter to load in the truck and wheel around ruff ground to get to out sheds and trees. We only used it a couple of times last summer but worked good for running that bee vac.

Al

Quick Reply: Nothing to do with shooting..just saw question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.