Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Master Hunter barrel on my Disc Extreme

Old 02-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Master Hunter barrel on my Disc Extreme

I go involved in a discussion on another forum about the SS fluted barrel on a knight disc extreme. I guess they never made a disc extreme with a fluted barrel but, sure enough, the one I bought about a month ago has one. The serial # on my barrel is MHC 1XXX. I guess that indicates that it is a Master Hunter barrel. Apparently they had some of these barrels left over when they discontinued the Master Hunters and they put them on some regular disc extremes. I'm thinking this is probably a good thing for me. Now if it weren't a 30 below zero wind chill today I'd be giving it some serious range time.
Art
Old 02-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Master Hunter barrel on my Disc Extreme

Flounder I was watching your weather, since what you get.. I get. I watched the weather channel after coming in from shoveling snow. It does not look like it is going to warm up any time soon. Still when you get a chance, I am sure that will be a sweet shooting rifle. I like Knight rifles. I have two of them and they both are good shooters. My Disc is a powder hog though. The more powder you feed it the better it likes it.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

I bought one of these same rifles a couple months ago and that is what I understand as mine has the MHC markings also. When I talked to the people I bought it from that was the explanation I got. Havent shot it yet,but it should be a good shooter. Kerry
Old 02-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

knight found about 250 master hunter cryo barrels in their plant. they but the barrels on the disc extreme actions and sold them as special make-up rifles. i think maybe one big store may have bought them all, not to sure on that part.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bought one of these same rifles a couple months ago and that is what I understand as mine has the MHC markings also. When I talked to the people I bought it from that was the explanation I got. Havent shot it yet,but it should be a good shooter. Kerry

Kerry, when you purchased your rifle did they tell you it was a Master Hunter extreme? I believe I bought mine from the same place you bought yours and they said it was a Master Hunter Extreme and went out of their way to stress that. Thanks
Old 02-19-2008, 07:19 AM

The Master Hunter Disc Extreme is the one with the two thumbhole stocks and a jeweled bolt, and premium trigger. Unless that's what you got it's a Disc Extreme with a Master Hunter Barrel.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Master Hunter Disc Extreme is the one with the two thumbhole stocks and a jeweled bolt, and premium trigger. Unless that's what you got it's a Disc Extreme with a Master Hunter Barrel.

Didn't receive it yet it's in the mail . It comes with one stock as per the Salesperson
Old 02-19-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if we bought them at the same place. Mine was bought from Fin, Feather and Fur Outfitters in Ohio. The gun was represented as a disc extreme with a fluted barrel. It was only after I found out they didn't make a .50 disc extreme with a fluted barrel that I found out my barrel was a Master Hunter barrel. I would think that would be a bonus for me but I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a bit so I can have some fun with it.
I just thought it was interesting that they used the barrels off this extremely high priced model and ended up selling the guns at a very reasonable price. The Master Hunter must not have sold well.
Art
Old 02-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am getting the master hunter extreme with the fluted barrel Thumbhole composite stock in 50 caliber. It has everything but the jewelled bolt and the laminated stock. In any event I think I am going to enjoy this rifle
Old 02-19-2008, 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I am getting the master hunter extreme with the fluted barrel Thumbhole composite stock in 50 caliber. It has everything but the jewelled bolt and the laminated stock. In any event I think I am going to enjoy this rifle
How much did you pay for it? That's what I have except for the fluted barrel and premium trigger group.

ORIGINAL: flounder33
I just thought it was interesting that they used the barrels off this extremely high priced model and ended up selling the guns at a very reasonable price. The Master Hunter must not have sold well.
At a $1000/per I doubt they sold many.

Quick Reply: Master Hunter barrel on my Disc Extreme

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.