Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Disc Extreme, Omega or Triumph

Old 02-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Disc Extreme, Omega or Triumph

I'm looking to buy another muzzy. I just bought the KRB and I've had to send it back to Knight because the hammer is notsetting off the 209's. This gun is only about 3 weeks old. Oh well. I want to know what everybody opinions are on these 3 choices. I'm strictly looking for a sabot shooter dont need another conical shooter. Please tell me what your decision would be between these 3. My first cocern is accuracy. I'm also really looking to shoot mostly XTP's since I cant afford to spend a buck a bullet. I know each gun is different but with all the info on these guns which one would you choose? Thanks bdeather
Old 02-11-2008, 08:12 PM

Default RE: Disc Extreme, Omega or Triumph

That isn't a fair Question for me to answer I am a Knight Man I love the DiscExtreme I have 2- .45cal & 2 - .50cal And 1 .50cal on the Classifieds for sale.
I shoot the 44cal 300gr XTP / 300gr Speer JSP / 300gr Sierra JSP all with the Harvester Crush Rib Sabot with 95gr loose 2fg 777 and all bullets will hold a 1" shot group @ 100yds All day long, I also shoot the .504 Bullshop Conicals with same Accuracy Seems like No matter what I put down the PIPE it shoots great.
I also have the KRB7 and it shoots Awsome Also!!!

BUT I have to say my First Choise - (1)Extreme (2) - Tryuph (3) Omega

I would go and Shoulder all 3 and see witch one feels the best to you !!!

Ron
Old 02-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Dominant Buck

That is a hard question.. all of them are going to be good sabot shooters. The Omega and the Triumph have the newer technology and I have been told are easier to clean. I do not own them I do have a disc rifle. I never saw a problem cleaning it. But then the Omega and Extreme are time proven performers. I would think the best thing would be see which ones fit you the best, and then look for deals. There have been some good deals on Extremes on some of the forums I go to..
Old 02-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

To be honest....I should be VP of Marketing for Knight Rifles....I think Knights are better than Omegas, T/C just has a better Marketing Dept...

With a ML rifle accuracy should be your #1 objective, I certainly agree with this...

1) Knight has a Green Mountain barrel, best in the business...
2) Knight has an adjustable trigger which is imperative for accurate shooting....Not so with T/C...
3) I actually love the Disc or Disc Extreme system...It gives you something to put those dang little 209s into so you can handly the dang things..
4) T/C barrels are too tight, look at all the threads on how hard it is to load the Shockwaves and the reason for Superglide sabots etc...

I have sighted in and fine tuned several Knights for friends and have never had any problems getting them to group inside of one inch at 100 yards...
Old 02-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would pick the Triumph, but I have never owned one (yet ).
I have owned an Omega, and it was very accurate with a variety of bullet/sabot combos, but the triumph should be easier to clean, and cleaner to shoot.
Not wanting to offend, or start any arguments, but my most recent Knights I've ownedhaven't been the quality of the older models I've owned, and my last dealings with Knight's customer service didn't satisfy my expectations. Trivial problem with screws that were too long, but "just file 'em down" wasn't the answer I expected!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like Indiana SmokePole,I have my brand preferance, I have 22 guns and 16 of them are muzzle loaders [which I am supposed to be getting rid of a few of according to the wife ] of which 7 are TC and 3 are inlines [ I sold my Thunderhawks] and I have to say thet no other one compares well to the Triumph it is the most comfortableto use as accurate as any and theonly one I have ever had that has no blow back so that to field clean it I only need to clean the barrel and the breach plug. The are lots of fine guns available I have two close freinds that shoot Knights and one that shoots an Omega, they will all shoot under 1.5 inch groups. I still shoot all my other guns including my original under hammer and my Hawkencopied Ioff an original.I believe it best to handle loadshoot and cleanthe guns you are thinking about buying then buy the one you are most comfortable with. Lee
Old 02-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

To be honest....I should be VP of Marketing for Knight Rifles....I think Knights are better than Omegas, T/C just has a better Marketing Dept...

With a ML rifle accuracy should be your #1 objective, I certainly agree with this...

1) Knight has a Green Mountain barrel, best in the business...
2) Knight has an adjustable trigger which is imperative for accurate shooting....Not so with T/C...
3) I actually love the Disc or Disc Extreme system...It gives you something to put those dang little 209s into so you can handly the dang things..
4) T/C barrels are too tight, look at all the threads on how hard it is to load the Shockwaves and the reason for Superglide sabots etc...

I have sighted in and fine tuned several Knights for friends and have never had any problems getting them to group inside of one inch at 100 yards...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

I have owned 2 Omega's, and three Encore(MZ Barrels), a half dozen Knight rifles. I have shot dozen's of both brands. I would go with the Knight. OH YA I DID. At most it takes two minutes more to clean the Knight. The Omega's are real shooter's but they are ultra finicky. Tom.

KNIGHT, KNIGHT
Old 02-12-2008, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bdeather

I'm looking to buy another muzzy. I just bought the KRB and I've had to send it back to Knight because the hammer is notsetting off the 209's. This gun is only about 3 weeks old. Oh well. I want to know what everybody opinions are on these 3 choices. I'm strictly looking for a sabot shooter dont need another conical shooter. Please tell me what your decision would be between these 3. My first cocern is accuracy. I'm also really looking to shoot mostly XTP's since I cant afford to spend a buck a bullet. I know each gun is different but with all the info on these guns which one would you choose? Thanks bdeather
I have a Knight Disc (not an extreme, but an origonal disc) and I have an Omega, I don't have the triumph, but it is an upgraded Omega, so it is going to shoot about the same as the Omega. I wanted accuracy also, so I bought a Savage 10ML. It will shoot 1 to 1.5" groups out of the box, you can shoot smokeless and only clean your gun at the end of the season not every time you shoot. You can shoot powders that give MV of 2400, 2500 and even 2700 fps no problem. Some hot rodders shoot 2900 and 3000 loads, but that is NOT common---they gun will shoot 200 yards accurate no problem, some hot rodders shoot their consistently to 300 and have 4" groups. They are accurate, great trigger adjustable down to 1.5 lbs and guaranteed to shoot 1.5" or less at 100 yards with an XTP and 5744 powder. They only cost $550 for a Stainless Steel tupperware stock model. This is a group I shot with TC Shockwaves the 3rd time I shot the gun, this was at 92.5 yards, 300g SW, 44g 5744 powder supplied sabot with SW. So I recommend a Savage with a thumbhole stock (beautiful gun) for an accurate MLer.
Chap Gleason

Old 02-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

I'm another satistied savage shooter, but of the ones you mentioned the knight would likely be the best shooter, and a little harder to clean.(another reason to go smokeless)
Old 02-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

Here is my take on the Knight's... let me say from the start that I like the Knight Disc rifles,I think they are a sweet looking gun. However, I owned a Knight Disc Elite this summer that I was not all that impressed with. Even with the domed breech plugI got alot of blow back,,, the gun shot about 1 3/4" at 100 yards but it was hot this summer when I did my shooting so I'm sure it would do better,,, clean up was not all that bad but the blow back on my scope bothered me,,, I did like the red disc's for ease of loading and weather resistance,,, the ram rod is very cheap feeling,,, the trigger was avery nice crisp 3 lbs set by knight for $8. All that being said, I like my TC's a heck of alot better... loaded with the max 150 grain load, my Omega shot circles around the Knight and was much easier to clean.The TC Pro Hunter is very expensive but is in a class by it's self... super easy to clean and mine isshooting 5/8" at 100 yards. In the end go for youself and handle these guns and see which one you like the best, they are all very good...

Quick Reply: Disc Extreme, Omega or Triumph

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.