Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Long Long winter

Old 02-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Long Long winter

My friends have those ice tents and beaver sleds and space heaters, and love to go spend the day on the ice (drinking beer) catching fish. Thank goodness they are generous people and often times like to drop some off. I love fresh fish. Although, those really are some nice fish.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:51 PM

With this cold weather,I could mail you a couple...
Old 02-11-2008, 08:46 AM

it's so darn windy here,the birds are walking..can't get off the ground
Old 02-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

A nice balmy 8F here yesterday with a wind chill of a mear -21. No youtes came to the call at two setsso I decided to work on some things that need it at home. Got some wax I had left melted an in molds.

14 Deer were laying on the south east faceing hill to get out of the wind so I got a bunch of pictures of them.

Today is nicer with it beint 11F, with a wind chill of -1
Was -2 at 7:00 AM so I didn't try for any youtes.
OH ya the wax is for sale if you would like some.
Al
Old 02-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

It is very cold here this winter,-15 yesterday wind chill -48, I had a new knee put in in Dec. so I have to spend almost the whole winter in the house, I really like most of the winter weather, snoeshows,X-country skiing, ice fishing ,sturgeon spearing is open,rabbit hunting, yea I am missing a lot but hopefully everything will turn out for the better and come fall that big bull will be waiting.
Redclub
Old 02-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Redclub, we had -27º this morning but the wind was gone. It actually got a little warm today, so dog and I went for a walk, and did some things outside. Kind of slippery on the ice covered snow though so you have to be careful. I'd hate to fall down out there. I see they changed the forcast and they are talking only -10º tonight. So that is not too bad as long as the winds stay down.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

If these cold winter keep up I am going back in permant retirement going out in this cold was no good the first time I worked why I do it know that I don't have to is beyond me. Now I remember wife thought I need something to do. Guess I did take over the house work good enough.