Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight KRB Rolling block or Knight Revolution II

Old 02-08-2008, 08:25 AM

Default RE: Knight KRB Rolling block or Knight Revolution II

I will look into theHornady 385gr & 410gr GP and see how they work but on the scope I think I'm going all stainless/silver but will now go with the high rings becauase, like you, I'm notas nimble with my fingers as I used to be. thanks!
Bill H.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

Beescheck

So please tell us about "gettin on the net and seeing all the CVA's blowing up in people's hand" I would be curious about your statement
Old 02-08-2008, 06:39 PM

yeah what models of cva's are blowing up in peoples hands?

This should be interesting
Old 02-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: beeheck

Well, not until I got on the net and found all the CVA's that are blowing up in peoples hands then I decided it was time to look around.
I think someone has been reading Mr. Wakeman's articles.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:50 PM

no kiddin?
Old 02-09-2008, 05:57 PM

Yes, I have read Mr. Wakeman's articles and others but I really am not trying to knock CVA's. heckI own two of them and plan to keep shooting them. Maybe lighter sabots and lighter powder loads, I'm thinking the 50 caliber sabot with a 45 cal bullet in it for a lighter load out the barrel. I guess while maybe, just maybe, everything you read on the INTERNET isn't true you at some point have to start thinking there might be something to some of this. Mac, are you saying that Wakeman's articles might be a little tainted for sensationalism? I'm a rookie and openly admit this but when I bought my new ML I told the sales person helping me that I was considering a different gun but it had a barrel made in Spain and I had read about them blowing up the salesperson and another guy there looking at muzzle loaders both said they had heard of this and the guy who was also looking told of a story where he had seen a barrel after blowing up. He personally was present when it blew but his friend had shot it and wasn't hurt at all but scared the living bajeebles out of him. I would think if it were all BS why wouldn't some of these manufacturers using these barrels put out aguarantee on their barrels and print their pressure test results and quality control measures?
Frontier Gander, thank you for the those two articles on powerbelt's by far my favorite sabot to shoot in my CVA's I to found the a lighter load 80gr seemed to work best for me.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Indiana SmokePole

The bullets with the green skirts you are talking about I think they are the Powerbelts.

Yes the bullets with skirts are the PBs .
Chap Gleason
Old 02-09-2008, 06:32 PM

yep the green skirts are the powerbelts.

Girdles are what sabots use.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:58 PM

Like I said, a rookie! lol Thanks for the input I'll remember it. And, while I have some white space left here, most of the articles I did find were Wakeman but one was a study by the university of Oklahoma I believe. Maybe I shouldn't of said anything as I can prove nothing and gossip isnever a good thing. my bad.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't ever worry about asking a question where safety is concerned.
Anyone here would be happy to answer your questions if they have the knowledge.
I'm stll a novice myself, compared to most on this forum.

About Mr. Wakeman,....
The post you made is exactly how I introduced myself to this forum for the first time.
I remember having a lively discussion with Frontier Gander and Cayugad, just to mention a couple, about the inflammatory, and some think "bought and paid for" Mr. Randy Wakeman.
There are quite a few folks that have the opinion that Mr. Wakeman comes down on the side of whoever cuts him the biggest check. I honestly do not know if that is true, myself.
It is an ongoing debate, and one I doubt will be settled anytime soon.

The whole thing is about how "some" Spanish barrel makers proof their barrels. Or if they do it at all. Hot debate topic, and once again, probably won't be settled to everyones satisfaction anytime soon.

I had read the very articles you probably did and came to this forum for some validation or repudiation of Mr. Wakeman's claims.

In the end, I decided on a Lyman Trade Rifle. Italian made and quite a shooter. Regarded as a well made rifle and not suspect as some are.
I decided to err on the side of safety, and not go the CVA route, though the only bad things I have ever heard about them came from Randy Wakeman's writings.

Quick Reply: Knight KRB Rolling block or Knight Revolution II

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.