Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Need new ML, got some questions

Old 02-02-2008, 11:34 AM

Default RE: Need new ML, got some questions

eatsleephunt

This will be the best deal you will ever find go to www.finfeatherfuroutfitters.com click on muzzleloader guns

they have a .50cal Knight Disc Extreme SS Fluted barrle for $239.00

Ron
Old 02-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a new LRH last year. I have a good friend who got rid of his Encore and bought one also.

I am not sure if the barrel length makes a big difference-I just do not know.

I do know how my rifle shoots. I shoot 130 grains of loose 3F-777. The bullet I shot was the Barne's TMZ(Blue Tipped). I can keep the rifle inside a 1 inch black circle at 100 yards. Most of the shots are inside out. This rifle is a keeper.

It is a bit heavy, but that does not bother me. IT is not nearly as heavy as my Sharp's. It takes about two additional minutes to clean because you need to clean the bolt. The trigger is fantastic. I do not like the cheeeeezzzzzzy fiber optic sights.

I use the Leupold 4.5X14 power scope with the B&C reticle. The top crosshair is dead on at 100 yards. First crosshair down is two inches high at 150 yards. The second crosshair down is 2 inches high at 200 yards. I have shot the rifle at longer distance, but not enough to have details.

My friend shot a beautiful 10 point at 225 yards with his in IL. The deer ran about 60 yards, and flopped over. It was a great shot.

Buy one, you will not be sorry. I think the guy's here are going to think I work for Knight.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

I bought a new LRH last year. I have a good friend who got rid of his Encore and bought one also.

I am not sure if the barrel length makes a big difference-I just do not know.

I do know how my rifle shoots. I shoot 130 grains of loose 3F-777. The bullet I shot was the Barne's TMZ(Blue Tipped). I can keep the rifle inside a 1 inch black circle at 100 yards. Most of the shots are inside out. This rifle is a keeper.

It is a bit heavy, but that does not bother me. IT is not nearly as heavy as my Sharp's. It takes about two additional minutes to clean because you need to clean the bolt. The trigger is fantastic. I do not like the cheeeeezzzzzzy fiber optic sights.

I use the Leupold 4.5X14 power scope with the B&C reticle. The top crosshair is dead on at 100 yards. First crosshair down is two inches high at 150 yards. The second crosshair down is 2 inches high at 200 yards. I have shot the rifle at longer distance, but not enough to have details.

My friend shot a beautiful 10 point at 225 yards with his in IL. The deer ran about 60 yards, and flopped over. It was a great shot.

I shot two does with mine this year. Both shots were about 60 yards, one deer fell over dead, and the other deer did a 75 yard death run. A friend of mine shot one with my rifle at 125 yards. He hit it a bit high in the back, It fell straight down.

Buy one, you will not be sorry. I think the guy's here are going to think I work for Knight.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:03 PM

how about a Knight 54-120 $389 with SS barrel
Old 02-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

This should be the Elite model--no sights with a fluted barrel. Just ordered one. Great price.

Thanks for the link Ron,

Doug

ORIGINAL: Indiana SmokePole

eatsleephunt

This will be the best deal you will ever find go to www.finfeatherfuroutfitters.com click on muzzleloader guns

they have a .50cal Knight Disc Extreme SS Fluted barrle for $239.00

Ron
Old 02-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought one there. It is the extreme model. I know most of the extremes did not have fluted barrels but this batch does and they do have open sights. I hope to shoot mine tomorrow.
Art
btw the people there seemed nice and the shipping was prompt

Old 02-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: flounder33

I bought one there. It is the extreme model. I know most of the extremes did not have fluted barrels but this batch does and they do have open sights. I hope to shoot mine tomorrow.
Art
btw the people there seemed nice and the shipping was prompt
What's the differencebetween the elite and the extreme? That seems like a smokin deal on an extreme.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not owned a disc elite but if you do a search you will see a lot of positive comments about it. The disc elite does not have open sights and it has a different kind of lug that the stock attaches to. I think it is more of a floating barrel than the disc extreme. I'm sure others can tell you more than me.
I thought it sounded like a great deal on the disc exteme so I bought one. Another factor is that in Minnesota we have to use open sights duringmuzzie season so it didn't make a lot of sense to buy one without them. Art
Old 02-02-2008, 07:03 PM

You guys are welcome Hell I wish I needed Another one But my wife would have my head because I have 4 Extremes and 1 is still in the box I havent even shot yet it is a Blued barrle that I gave $345.00 for , O well !!!

Ron
Old 02-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

thank you ron but I bought mine about 3 and a half weeks ago
Ron, you know a lot more than I about the knight rifles, Did they make many of the 50 caliber disc extremes with fluted barrels?
art

Quick Reply: Need new ML, got some questions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.