Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Bullet damage when loading

Old 01-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bullet damage when loading

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

P/Ua spinjag and problem fixed.

http://spinjag.com/
Fantastic advice. This is the first time I saw this device. It looks great. Has anyone used this with the Barnes TMZ?? Which one would be better for loading the TMZ?? Tom.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

HEAD0001

I have not specifically used it with a Barnes - but with every other bullet I have used including the BullShop conicals it works great....

Not trying to take any business away from Spin-Jag because they are great people TC is now making a spinning jag on their long supperjag. I bought one at Sportsman's the other day and it fits everything I have very well... $6.70 i think was the price

https://secure.tcarms.com/store/index.php/action/item/id/277/prevaction/category/previd/33/prevstart/54/
Old 01-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

P/Ua spinjag and problem fixed.

http://spinjag.com/
Fantastic advice. This is the first time I saw this device. It looks great. Has anyone used this with the Barnes TMZ?? Which one would be better for loading the TMZ?? Tom.
I have used them with Barnes TMZ's and worked just fine. I use the spinjag with every projectile I load not just polymer tips.

If buyingonly one I'd get the "original" spinjag, as it can be used for loading and cleaning. I have both the loader and original, while the loader sits on my range rod full-time I honestly haven't seen a great benefit to it over the original in terms of accuracy or loading in general. I see a big benefit to the "original" for swabbing/cleaning and works great for loading so it sits on my ramrodsmaking allthe hunting trips.

I continue to support/promote Gunn's Spinjag's b/c IME they have been so great to deal with. A commodity that seems to be lacking in this day and age.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guy's. Good advice. The bullet deformation was the only problem I was having with my Knight. LRH. Now that I have that problem solved it should shoot a one hole group. Tom.