Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

KRB7 Rolling block

Old 01-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default KRB7 Rolling block

Anybody own one they have used? Any bullet/load recommendations for it? I don't own one as yet,but it is definitely getting my attention.Soon as I sell my Encore frame,it will be high on my agenda.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:54 PM

Default RE: KRB7 Rolling block

I am shooting a KRB that belongs tp a friend. I do have one coming. This KRB really like the Knight 250 gr poly tipped Boat tail and 105 gr of loose T7. I am getting a lot of groups of 1 inch at 100 yds. It also shot the 260 Gr Nosler and 95 Gr T7. Close to the same size groups. I don't know if all the KRB's are this smooth to load but it is a pleasure to be able to push a bullet down the bore with out straining. I did give the KRB about 200 strokes using the JB Bore Compound Before I fired it.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:37 PM

I bought a new Krb7 in nov. I bought it to be a conical shooter and boy Dose it shoot them WOW.
I shoot 85gr 2fg loose 777 under a 460gr NEX or a 445gr UC Short Custom Conical from Bull Shop .
I have thrown some saboted loads threw it also with great accuracy also. 95gr - 110gr 2fg loose 777 and a 250gr & 290gr Barns Spitfire TMZ Conicals & Saboted bullets all shot 1.25" shot groups @ 100yds.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Indiana SmokePole

I bought a new Krb7 in nov. I bought it to be a conical shooter and boy Dose it shoot them WOW.
I shoot 85gr 2fg loose 777 under a 460gr NEX or a 445gr UC Short Custom Conical from Bull Shop .
I have thrown some saboted loads threw it also with great accuracy also. 95gr - 110gr 2fg loose 777 and a 250gr & 290gr Barns Spitfire TMZ Conicals & Saboted bullets all shot 1.25" shot groups @ 100yds.

Pretty impressive report.I've never owned a Knight.How is the overall quality and finish? Easy/hard to clean? Anything you don't like about it?
Old 01-07-2008, 05:19 AM

MB

It is with out a dought the most easyest gun to clean I have ever owned hands down!
I have the SS barrle with Black synthetic stock and a 1.5X4.5X32 Bushnell Banner Scope
it is unbeliveable how good the Knights Shoot the KRB makes my 6th Knight rifle that I own
I haveand still own 1 TC - 1 Traditions - 1 Remmington and have the 6 Knights The reason I am so fond of the knights is well the way they shoot but they are one of the last rifles made that do not incorperate the QLA system .
Old 01-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

I've had mine since June. It really likes a 250 gr. barnes expander on top of 110 gr. of 777. It's also shown promise with the few conicals I've shot through it. I found it very easy to clean. I just pop the whole action assembly out and hit it with brake cleaner. The double safety takes a bit to get use to, but I like it. It's just part of my shooting routine now.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chris, I've got another question - during reloading, after you insert the primer and push the block forward it is my understanding the hammer mounted safety is engaged automatically. If you de-cock the hammer, can you then put that safety in the off position and will it stay there when you re-cock it?

And where are those nice pictures of yours?
Old 01-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

UC: No that does not work. The hammer spur and firing pin actuator are one piece so that when you put pressure on the hammer spur it automatically rotates the firing pin actuator up out of position. If you decock, the firing pin actuator will be up out of position just due to the pressure on the hammer spur when you let it down. There are a couple of ways to lock out the rotation but the problem with that is if you did it when the hammer was let down it would press on the firing pin as there is no half cock in the action. I am not crazy about the design of the automatic safety but it is not a big problem. The good part is that it can be carried cocked and only become capable of firing when the cross bolt safety and hammer spur automatic safety is released. If carried uncocked with the automaticfiring pinactuator off the pin then the cross bolt safety becomes rather unnecessary and the rifle can be cocked and the firing pin actuator rotated with little effort and no noise if you pull the trigger to set the sear (this is somewhat safer than normal single action rifles as if the hammer falls it cannot set the charge off as the firing pin actuator is not in position until you rotate it up and you cannot do that unless the sear is engaged and the hammer is in full back position). I hope this is less confusing to understand than it was to try to explain.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the replies guys.I had a chance to look one over good today.Like what I saw and what you said about yours.My Encore is now posted in the classifieds here.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Keith. It is a bit confusing without detailed pictures - but I get the idea thatan owneris stuck with that hammer spur safety and that cross-bolt safety is basically an unnecessary bonus.

Quick Reply: KRB7 Rolling block

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.