I was using 1 1/8oz of #6 zinc plated steel shot and 80gr of triple seven FFG. I triied some shots with a shot cup and some without. I found that without the shot cup that it..." />

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Range Report

Old 12-25-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Range Report

Hey Everyone,

I just got back from the range. I took my Davide Pedersoli 12ga out and had a ball. I was using 1 1/8oz of #6 zinc plated steel shot and 80gr of triple seven FFG. I triied some shots with a shot cup and some without. I found that without the shot cup that it seem to get a tighter seal. I forgot to get some paper to pattern it out so I had to use the side of a beer box. The target was really to small it was 10in x 15in with a 9" center. At 25yrds I was able to get only 50 pellets on the target and about 26 in the center. I did notice that the shot stayed in an area about 3ft X 3ft. Hopefully I will be able to get out this weekend and have real target to pattern the gun. Just wanted to share how things went. After shoting today I am hooked.Merry Christmas

Nolan