Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

RMC Sports

Old 12-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RMC Sports

I was just on the RMC Sports www. They seem to have a lot of items marked as "Close Out" sales???? Are they going out of business? I was looking at their LTD flinters, anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks,

HuntAway
Old 12-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: RMC Sports

Well I do not own one. I sure wish I did. They have a Green Mountain Barrel. And they have a L&R Lock which is a great lock. Double set triggers, Removable breech plug, and you can get them in a number of different twists. With the laminated stock it should make a very solid secure rifle.

I would think that it is a great rifle, but like I said.. I don't own one.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:35 AM
Fork Horn

I have an RMC flinter with the removeable breech plug barrels. I have two barrels for the same stock; 24" and 28", both 1/28 twist. Mine has the single trigger which is as crisp as any centerfire.

When I bought mine it was $525.00 and the extra barrel was $168.00. I think they go for $599.00 now. They shoot saboted pistol bullets of just about any weight and size outstanding. I use the 300 grainers for deer and could push them around 1700 fps for 100 yard energy of around 1200 fpd. Good enough! The 400-450 conicals shoot quite well too; under 4" at 100 vs. under 2" for the pistol bullets in a sabot. I think if I mounted a scope on it it would be under that.

If it were me I would not miss an opportunity to purchase one of these rifles. They are in my opinion worth every nickel or that price. You could not purchase the components and put it together for that price. Good luck finding a laminated stock for a flinter anywhere; outstanding lock and trigger; fiber optics or mount a peep; balance is outstanding with either barrel and the GM barrels are tack drivers.

I am in the process of fitting a 32" GM .54 15/16" 1/70 twist roundball barrel to this stock just in case PA ever goes back to roundballs only and should make a pretty good set up. I tried to talk the owner of RMC (who designed the rifle) into making a small run of this type of barrel but he was not interested. I kind of think of it as the Accutradional. Use a mmp sub-base under the hollow base conicals to help seal the bore and they shoot better in the 1/28 twisters.

Great rifles to be sure! You will never miss the extra money for it.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:00 AM
Spike

RMC always seems to run some closeout specials, I think they are pretty solid. A great company to deal with, prompt service.

They make a great rifle as others have said, the best parts make it so.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Well I do not own one. I sure wish I did.
I have wanted one of these for 4 years, ever since I have started FL hunting. They are excellent rifles from all I have read. My only concern, is who fixes them is RMC goes out of business? I guess just a gunsmith, and since they have stock components (GM barrel, L&R lock) it should be pretty easy to replace frizzens, etc if they wear out. I am sure I will never wear mine out, but ya never know, FL are very fun to shoot and clean up is a breeze with the Punch out of the Wedge Pin and the barrel hook. I use just soapy hot water in an old coffee can, get it squeeky clean in 5 minutes.
Chap Gleason

Old 12-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mossie

I have an RMC flinter with the removeable breech plug barrels. I have two barrels for the same stock; 24" and 28", both 1/28 twist. Mine has the single trigger which is as crisp as any centerfire.

When I bought mine it was $525.00 and the extra barrel was $168.00. I think they go for $599.00 now. They shoot saboted pistol bullets of just about any weight and size outstanding. I use the 300 grainers for deer and could push them around 1700 fps for 100 yard energy of around 1200 fpd. Good enough! The 400-450 conicals shoot quite well too; under 4" at 100 vs. under 2" for the pistol bullets in a sabot. I think if I mounted a scope on it it would be under that.

If it were me I would not miss an opportunity to purchase one of these rifles. They are in my opinion worth every nickel or that price. You could not purchase the components and put it together for that price. Good luck finding a laminated stock for a flinter anywhere; outstanding lock and trigger; fiber optics or mount a peep; balance is outstanding with either barrel and the GM barrels are tack drivers.

I am in the process of fitting a 32" GM .54 15/16" 1/70 twist roundball barrel to this stock just in case PA ever goes back to roundballs only and should make a pretty good set up. I tried to talk the owner of RMC (who designed the rifle) into making a small run of this type of barrel but he was not interested. I kind of think of it as the Accutradional. Use a mmp sub-base under the hollow base conicals to help seal the bore and they shoot better in the 1/28 twisters.

Great rifles to be sure! You will never miss the extra money for it.
Hello Mossie.

You mention that "If I were to mount a scope on it...", are they drilled and tapped for a scope? There is no mention of this on their www???
Are they capable of handling higher powder charges?

Thanks again.

cayugad, I too, noticed that they used GM barrels and L&R locks. I really like the idea of a 1:28 twist in a flintlock as well.I know the traditionalists wouldn't think too much about that though.

chapman, The removeable breech plug in my Omega and E-Bolt make for easy cleaning and I can see the same with the RMC rifle. Coffee can??? doesn't that rust on you? I do like the idea though because I am currently always in trouble for using the wifes wash bucket. lol
Old 12-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntAway

chapman, The removeable breech plug in my Omega and E-Bolt make for easy cleaning and I can see the same with the RMC rifle. Coffee can??? doesn't that rust on you? I do like the idea though because I am currently always in trouble for using the wifes wash bucket. lol
Not if you dump the water out and dry it, it will not rust. It is just the right amount to wash up a FL. The big buckets don't fit in my kitchen sink, so that is why I tried the coffee can. Yes I like the removable breech plug on the RMC. Chap Gleason
Old 12-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

HuntAway,

Max charges are 110 grains of 3f and 120 grains of 2f real black powder. No it doesn't have scope mounts and wouldn't be legal in PA for the after Christmas flintlock only.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chapman, your wife is an Angel if she'll let you clean ML's in the kitchen sink. Mine loves me but I don't dare try that! lol

Thanks Mossie, much appreciated.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntAway

Chapman, your wife is an Angel if she'll let you clean ML's in the kitchen sink. Mine loves me but I don't dare try that! lol

Thanks Mossie, much appreciated.
No I clean it in the garage, but I get the water from the Kitchen sink and boil it on the stove and then pour it into the coffee can in the garage. No way would my wife let me do that, nor would I want to. Chap

Quick Reply: RMC Sports

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.