Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

from another forum - BIG BOOOOOM!

Old 12-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: from another forum - BIG BOOOOOM!

Who would shoot smokless anyways? Thats not true muzzleloading!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:23 PM

true.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was gonna make a crack about the Smokeless Savage Muzzy in reference but didnt wanna be a prick!

It needs to have a cloud of smoke when it goes boom!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: goatbrother

Almost a Darwin award winner. Ya just never know when something like that will happen, just a few months ago a guy next to me at the gun range blew up a Marlin 1895 45/70 shooting "light" reloads.
Wonder how he did that?

Pistol powder maybe???
Old 12-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Fork Horn

Some people are justborn stupid !!!!!

likeout this guy !!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpAvycIQwnY&feature=related
Old 12-18-2007, 05:49 AM

Well,I was in a sporting goods store one day a few
years ago and a guy came in and said,he needed
a can of powder..Didn't say what for or what kind.
The guy behind the counter reached up and got a can
of 3031 and told the guy it was a good choice..

I asked the guy what he was loading and he said a
muzzleloader..Damn,I thought..I told him he needed
black powder and he said he thought all powder was
black..The guy running the shop should have been
smart enough to ask what he needed it for,etc.

I'm glad I was there to save this guys a$$ or eyes..

I ofter wonder who would have been to fault if he had
bought the 3031 and got hurt or hurt someone else..
This is a true story...Happened in a shop in PA..
Old 12-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Beezer, will you be posting pictures of the dispatched deer?
That's a big fat NO on that one. She dispatched herself to another zip code after the bang. I know I missed her completely because I found no indication of a hit. After searching the entire area for three hours in the dark with pouring rain I found nothing. I was worried it was a shoulder hit but not a pass through, so I went back the next day and did an even bigger search of the area, nearly 100 square yards, and found nothing. Only thing I can figure is that I sighted it in at 50yds about 1.5" high with the scope at the lowest setting. When I was watching her from 50yds I'd zoomed the scope in completelybecause it was overcast and getting dark, about 15 minutes of shooting time left, and must have shot right over top of her.

I'm new fairly new to hunting, only this season and Thanksgiving to Jan 1st of last year. I've managed to get one with the bow, but the gun and scope thing has seemed to come a little slower. For whatever reason I've yet to hit one with a shotgun slug or powerbelt. It's all learning, so I don't feel bad about a miss if I know it's a clean miss.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: RugerMike

This had nothing to do with a bad or dumb question. This happened in Indiana and the guy did not have a clue what a muzzleloader was made for or what to use in it. Just plain ignorance of anything to do with muzzleloading or deer hunting for that matter. Words to the wise take a hunter education course and know your firearm and what it intended use is, and know your target and what is on the other side of it!!
It is unbelievable the misshaps that accure with todays laws and training available. Plumb senseless, the stupidity going on out there. And we wonder why our rights to bare arms is in danger!!!

I would like to know what being in Indiana has to do with your comment above.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Funny you would let someone take a picture of that and have it in the paper. Just makes you look very DUMB.

But looks like that was the problem huh?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gleason.chapman
He shot smokeless powder in it, not very bright thing to do with a BP gun. Chap Gleason
You said it all right there. Not much else to add as far as the smokeless powder goes. As long as there are people who don't listen or read their manuals and follow what they say. Accidents like this will keep happening, and people will keep getting injured and killed. Another strike against us legit gun owners. I'll tell ya what boyz and girlz, you better get a good .22 and a good rifle that shoots NATO rounds like a 7.62mm and start buying all the ammo you can. Cause it isn't gonna be long before the sh*t hits the fan and we won't even be able to buy arrows, let alone powder or ammo. Especially if Hillary gets elected. Wait and see..... It's already happening if you know what I mean. Christians especially are being targeted all over the world, even in the US. I am not one of those "end of days" fanatics either. It's all plain as day, right in front of our noses. Peopleare just conditioned to refuse to see or believe what they don't want to accept. Or what the government doesn't want us to accept. I hate to say this but it's happening NOW!!!If people don't wake up there gonna be sorry when they can't getfood or even fresh clean water for their families. It's going to happen, I guarantee it, it's already started...... sorry

One more thing: BE PREPARED TO FIGHT AND POSSIBLY DIE FOR WHAT YOU TRULY BELIEVE IN.

I wasn't trying to hi jack the thread. This just got me thinking of this. More ammo for the ANTI's.

Quick Reply: from another forum - BIG BOOOOOM!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.