Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

shot my triumph

Old 12-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default shot my triumph

well after i did alot of thinking on what to get i ended up with the triumph. I'm momentarly putting down my Kinght (that is a different post).
i got the triumph composite weathersheild. i put the T/C maxima steel base and burris signuture rings holding a burris signature 3x9-40 electro dot. (I'll put a ballistic comp reticle scope on after my season this weekend, i just had this one laying around unused).
I shot about 30 rounds this afternoon. i was a bit of a struggle to get sighted in. i ended up with 5 shot inside a 3" shoot-n-see target at 100yds. i was shooting 100grs 777 (2mag pellets) and a 250gr shockwave superglide with winchester w209 primers.
for grins i shot at 200yds holding center and didn't hit the box target anywhere. I held the post (crosshair) of the reticle where it goes from thick to thin on center and hit about 10" low. there is something to be said, and burris said it many years ago, don't hold over, hold on.
the good part is there was VERY LITTLE blow back after my 30rd torture test. i removed the breech plug after 15 shots and cleared the hole with a primer shot and wipped the crud from the treads and put it back in for another 15rds. after i was done there was a little, very little build up of powder around the firing pin. breech plug came out nice and easy.
one thing i did notice about the bullets is that i could tell when one wasn't going to fly good. every once in a while there would be one that was easier to load then the others. most were real real tight, way harder to load then my knight (superglides in my knight needed no help to load) the superglides in the t/c needed a t-handle to load. but like i said, if one went in easy, it would be a flyer on target.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: shot my triumph

outdoorsmen, super glide sabots dont load the same from one to the next in any of my guns or shoot good either the super pellets dont either,Loose 777- FF 90 or 100 or 110 gr and either a MMP-HPH24 or a Crush Rib depending on your barrel size, either of the regular pellets. So far I only found 4 thing that my Triumph dont like and your using two of them. The funny thing is my Omega wont shoot them either and I have heard other people
complaining about all the fliers they get with Super gulide sabots. Lee

Old 12-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

so you like the shockwave in the hph24? where do you get those at? what type of velocity are you getting with 110gr of 777?
Old 12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Average is between 1975 and 2000 fps, I use the MMP-HPH24 direct from MMP for the Omega and the Crush Rib for the Triumph but it cold have been the other way around just as easy these MZ barrels have more tolorance than they allow canter fires [ dont ask me why ] Lee
Old 12-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

i found the mmp and crush rib online at cebels, the crush rib is on back order. so what size of mmp and the crush rib would i need for the shockwave bullet?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

i found the mmp and crush rib online at cebels, the crush rib is on back order. so what size of mmp and the crush rib would i need for the shockwave bullet?
MMP- HPH24's (50 cal .452 bullet dia - black)
Harvester Sabots - Crushed Rib 50/45 (black)
Old 12-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey outdoorsman, you can order the crush ribs directly from Harvester.

http://www.harvesterbullets.com/
Old 12-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Congratulations on the new rifle. I am sure it will be an excellent rifle for you.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

outdoorsmen, The Shock Waves in the black sabots are MMP-HPH 24, if you want some to shoot with bulk bullets get them right from MMP
http://www.mmpsabots.com/
Lee

Old 12-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

oh, ok thanks. well it looks like i'll have some extra sabots laying around now.
does anybody know what kind of sabots come with the kinght barnes bullets?

Quick Reply: shot my triumph

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.