Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Let it snow

Old 11-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Let it snow

Looks like warm & wet for our gun season opener tomorrow.
Rain & 61°F predicted. [:@]
Old 11-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

I hate to one up you but when I was hunting Moose with my Brother in Saskatchewan Canada in Oct it got to -20 celcius. They already have a foot of snow and I am living near the mountains praying for snow for 2 weeks. Suppose to get to minus 20 tonight and that will be good to get the deer moving. In all fairness I enjoy cold weather hunting.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Dominant Buck

We get a lot of snow where I live in Northern Wisconsin. And it gets so cold around here, I once saw Smokey the Bear running around the woods screaming, would someone please start a fire. I guess maybe that joke is oldand with the fires out west not too funny anymore. We getcold winters, but nothing a person can't put up with.

We have a couple bitter cold weeks in January when we get some -20ºs days, and once in a while it will drop to -40º, but you just learn to stick to the house then, and throw more wood in the stove... The coldest we had so far is 2 degrees one evening, but from what I understand there is some real cold weather headed my way for the muzzleloader season. Which seems normal. At least we have some snow on the ground. Although you drive thirty miles either way from my place, and there is little to no snow on the ground.