Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Encore Pin movement ??

Old 11-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Encore Pin movement ??

The only thing i did since i shot the tight groupwas , i sanded the for-end along the edges to float the front stock. I already had the locker-pin insalledwhen i shot the good group . But unforchentlythe stock hinge pinis very loose and the lockup bar is not locking like it should . I shouldn't have to slam the receiver closed to get itto lock tight . I don't regret sanding thefor-end at all . I do regrethaving a gun that does not lock properly , and it does ,even with the stock pin . I noticed that none of theten Encores i lookedat yesterday here in town , have any play at all . They all lock with out slamming them . I will get this all worked out and i am still glad i bought a encore , they are sweet guns , i just wish i had one that locked up properly .
Old 11-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Rob... I know you have ordered everything you need to fix your gun butI would still call TC and talk with a tech. You hear and read good and bad about every company's C.S. but like alot of times it's only one sided. TC is a great company andI think they will take care of your Encore if you give them a chance.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Better yet , its repaired !!!!!!!!!

Here's what i did . I look the barrel off , cleaned all the oil off both the lock-up bar and the reciever where they touch , opened and closed my gun 100 times , way better , another 100 times ( bingo ) NO MORE PLAY OR MOVEMENT even when I close it very sloooowly .I am good to go !! So i will keep any parts i ordered , i hope i never need them.

Thanks to all for any info , and boy am i glad i don't have to send it back to TC.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

That's great to hear, good luck!
Old 11-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck and I hope you don't need the new parts.