Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Encore Pin movement ??

Old 11-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Encore Pin movement ??

Some of the Encore pins are out of round. One time you close the gun there is no play at all. Next time there is play. A friend who owns a machine shop made one for me that is round.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

The stock pin is way worse than the locker-pin . I called a friend who also has a encore and he said he sent his in for the same problemand after two weeks they sent it back and said nothing was wrong with it and it met thier tolorences. So he order a over size pin that is a hair larger and does not require the holes to be reamed .My locker pin wobbles a hair in both the receiver and barrel .
Old 11-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

You may have to call TC if your e-mail is not answered in a timely fashion. I would speak to a live person and get their name... you also may need some type ofwork order# to send in with the rifle. Good luck... the Encore is an awesome rifle, sorry for your trouble!
Old 11-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

One thing i just noticed is ,thatafter i slam the gun closed, no movement between the barrel and receiver !! I am wondering if the problem is in the lockup bar at the receiver . If i close it slowly then there is a lot of movement , but if i close it hard , there is NONE .So i have a lttle play in the locker-pin and a problem with the lockup bar . Also , before i floated theforend my gun was putting all the bullets in the same hole. I think when the front stock was touching the barrel and the recieve it was holding the barrel in place and not alowing the play in the pin and lockup bar area. As soon as i floated the forend all my problems started. Buti think the problem would have showedup down the road anyway.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

I recentlypulled the barrel off my Encore to clean it after a day at the range, and when I went to put the barrel back on, there was a lot of play between the barrel and receiver. My problem was corrected by tightening the stock draw bolt which was loose.You will find the stock draw bolt under thestock cap.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

I already tightened the draw bolt twice since i got my gun . The last time i removed the stock and put some rubber inside the areas where the stock hadroomto move . My movement is now in front of the reciever in the hinge pin area. My gun is also not locking downtight enought unless a shut it very hard . If i shut it lightly , tons of play , if i shut it VERY hard , NONE .
Old 11-25-2007, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Look at Mike Bellms (internet search) for his 1x,2x pins. I ordered both so I was sure to get what I needed and it turns out the 1x was all I needed. That tightened mine up great, he also has extra heavy lug springs that ensure a good tight lockup this could be just what you need. I also purchased a 2.5-3lbs trigger kit but because I'm not a gunsmith I was a little hesitant on intalling it so I didnt at first holding on to it for over a year then last night follwing his step by step instructions that you can download for free i did mine and it is truely amazing at the difference. He sells kits that really get the trigger pull down but I went conservatively and am extremely satisfied. I also got the heavy hammer spring to ensure positive engaugement and the heavy lug spring with shipping I spent $45.00 but in accuracy I couldn't spent it any better.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, there will be a small amount of play in the action even with a tight fitting pin. Sounds like the locking pin isn't doing the trick for you so I would recommend a Bellm oversized pin (maybe get the 1x and 2x - I think he has free shipping for online orders just now). You might also look into the heavier springs for the locking lugs that he sells. Or just get a spring kit while you are at it. Encores can be some of the most finicky *@#@$ but getting one right can actually be fun (afterwards - if you still have money ).
Old 11-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

tc209x50 and underlock

We are on the same page !!

I ordered a # 1 pin and a springfor the lockup bar 3 days ago . I did a lot of research on the web and there is definitely a problem with both the hinge pins and the lockup springs on the Encores. I figured that i would take care of the problem my self and not deal with TC.I have a friend who has a encore that he returned to tc ,and they returned it unrepaired and his is a lot worse than mine . He also just ordered the parts . I read a ton of threads on TC forumstalking about the exact problem i am having with my gun. I Had a traditions pursuit pro and my son has both the CVA optima and Elite and they all have Zero play in the hinge pin area , and they cost less than half of my encore , so i am a little disappointed that i have to mess with my encore at ALL .

here is the link just in case some one esle needs some parts !!
http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php
Old 11-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Rob, I just looked at the groups your TC was shooting before you messed with it... now tell me again why you did that????????

Quick Reply: Encore Pin movement ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.