Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

LK-93 Don't shoot no more

Old 11-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: LK-93 Don't shoot no more

Triple Se7en is a nice powder. I like it. I have shot a lot of it in my little Wolverine. I normally only shoot 80 grains of it. Also I think you are really going to like that Nikon Pro Staff scope. I use them only because I refuse to put a scope on a rifle that costed more then the rifle. Besides, after putting the Pro Staff on my first rifle, I was very impressed with it and the way it functioned.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Triple Se7en is a nice powder. I like it. I have shot a lot of it in my little Wolverine. I normally only shoot 80 grains of it. Also I think you are really going to like that Nikon Pro Staff scope. I use them only because I refuse to put a scope on a rifle that costed more then the rifle. Besides, after putting the Pro Staff on my first rifle, I was very impressed with it and the way it functioned.

Well I have no qualms about putting $1000 on top of a $400 gun. The Pro Staff was just like my first date... cheap and available when I had the cash and the need.

I picked up some newer RS Pyrodex. Also purchased some 245gr TC XTP sabots and some TC Shockwave 200gr sabots. And just for laughs bought a new pack of caps... just in case.

I'll have a go on Tuesday-Thursday of next week and let y'all know what turns out.

Thanks again for all the help.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

If that rifle was stored for a long time you might want to take some alk. to it with a brass bore brush and then scrub it real good with detergent and boiling water just in case you have some preseveritive or dried oil in the barrel. Lee
Old 11-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: falcon

Getit off the lead sled and try shooting it off sandbags. Some guns do not like to be shot off lead sleds.
My suggestion too. I had been shooting my CZ 550 .416 Rigby off of a lead sled, and when I shot it just holding it in mty hands with elbows on the benchrest, it not only shot three into 1 hole at 100 yards, it also shot to a completely different point of impact....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/eldeguello/416cast350grainGCdeer.jpg
Old 11-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

eldeguello,I do believe that, I had one that I had to use pillows for a rest it just did not like anything solid. Lee
Old 11-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

ORIGINAL: falcon

Get it off the lead sled and try shooting it off sandbags. Some guns do not like to be shot off lead sleds.
My suggestion too. I had been shooting my CZ 550 .416 Rigby off of a lead sled, and when I shot it just holding it in mty hands with elbows on the benchrest, it not only shot three into 1 hole at 100 yards, it also shot to a completely different point of impact....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/eldeguello/416cast350grainGCdeer.jpg
You have some pretty impressive trigger control Eld. I've shot that very gun, and I must say its no light kicker. From the bench... wow. No gusta nada. I'm good on some of the heavier rifles (I consider myself pretty experienced in shooting the big kickers). But for a sitting braced hold at 100 yards... thats an impressive piece of marksmanship on your part.