Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Scope: Bushnell 3200 or Nickon Pro Staff

Old 11-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default Scope: Bushnell 3200 or Nickon Pro Staff

Hello,

I am trying to figure out what scope to put on a TC Triumph. I am considering three scopes Leopold VX-II, Bushnell Elite 3200or theNikon Pro Straff. I have owned Leopolds and love them, but I would like to save a 100 bucks and the other two scopes allow that. However, I am kind of afraid to get a sub 200 dollar scope. I have read lots of good reviews on the Bushnell Elite 3200 and the Nikon ProStaff; however, I was wondering if someone had some negatives on either of these scopesthey could share. Because this is an open forum and my mom taught me not to say something unless it is positive please send me a PM if you do not want to openly post. I don't want to buy a scope to only regret my decision.

Or if you have experience with two of the three scopes, please let me know which you like better and why?

Cheers,
Chris

Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Scope: Bushnell 3200 or Nickon Pro Staff

I shoot a Nikon Pro Staff on a White UM and there is no way I would trade that scope off. Then again I have a Bushnell Banner on a Black Diamond XR and that is a great scope. Both have excellent clarity, are water proof, shock proof, life time guarantee, and great at gathering light. It would be hard to pick. The Nikon is the better of the two but again, the Bushnell is a Banner not an Elite.

BUT

IfI had a fancy new Triumph Muzzleloader, I might decide to really dress it out. I would go with what ever I could afford. And also one that I trust. And one that I know will do the job for the me and the rifle. Since you like Leupold that much, you might want to look there. The Bushnell 3200 with rainguard is supposed to be just an excellent scope. Every post I have read from owners of the 3200 tell of how excellent a scope they are. They are very pleased with them.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:52 AM

That's an easy choice, go with the 3200. The Raingaurd is a big plus.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I had to chose between those two I would choose the 3200.

"However, I am kind of afraid to get a sub 200 dollar scope." I have no worries what-so-ever about buying a sub 200 scope. Heck I only have one that is over 200. Guess what, they kill them just as dead as a 1k scope. It's your decison as to what you feel comfortable with though. I personally have never been in a situation wehre I said to myself "man if I would have had a 1K scope I could have killed that deer."
Old 11-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Cayugad - Thanks for our comments. Glad that you like the Nikon.

Wolfhound76 - Do you own the 3200?

THHagies - I have some friends that have missed deer and then latter learned the internals of the scope were not attached. So yes, I would hate to pull the trigger and latter find the scope was broken. I am not looking 1000 dollar scope. My pockets are not that deep. (-: (Wish they were) But I am looking at maybe spending 100 dollars more on the leopold. I just am trying to figure out if the lepould is really worth 100 dollars more. It appears that Bushnell test their scopes on the .375 so I would guess they are fairly solid. Not to mention, I have not really heard much negative on the 3200. So I am leaning towards the 3200.

Has anyone with a 3200 ever not been able to shoot in low light, but think they may have been able to take a shot with a different scope?

Cheers,
Chris
Old 11-14-2007, 11:20 AM

I used to have a 2-7X32 3200. Dang good scope for the money. I'd still have it if it were a 3-9. I originally bought it for my wife because she wanted a scope but then later on changed her mind. I had it on my Extreme for a few years and loved it. I downsized my guns and scopes and it was one that ended up going.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Dominant Buck

My simple Bushnell Banner which is no where near the scope the 3200 is, has great light gathering ability. I was hunting a cedar marsh one late afternoon almost at closing time, and sat in a blind watching a couple does through the Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn 1.5-4.5x32mm that I have on the rifle long after I could no longer see them with the small hunting binoculars I carry. At any time I would have been comfortable enough with the clarity and sight picture, to shoot.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

If in doubt go with the Leopold, They are great scopes
Redclub
Old 11-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

I have a 3-9x40 Prostaff on my Omega and I think it is a very good scope, especially for the price. I have no personal experience with the 3200 but I have read several postson them and don't remember reading much, if anything, negative about them.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

guntercb

I have four of the 3200's and would not trade them... in fact I took off a 3x9x40 Leupold off my Win Mag and put a 3200 on.

I hunted yesterday all day in the rain - no scope covers -you do not need in most instances...

On the ML's I do opt to get the 3200 with a ballistic reticle - costs a little more but I might use it..

Check the prices here... best I have found...

http://www.scopesnmore.com/riflescopes4less/bushnell_elite_rifle_scopes.htm

Quick Reply: Scope: Bushnell 3200 or Nickon Pro Staff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.